Planted Tank

nearly gave up with my tank as my rena XP2 decided to leak :devil: so i had to drain my tank (left about 2 1/2 inches in) and move the tank! to clean the carpet!

i lost about 3 inches of water (39 litres 8.5 uk gallons)

anyway

moved plants the plants around arounds

recieved 2 more plants (first couple of pictures (hair grass and another red water rose due to the condition i recieved it in(postman's fault)

Picture041.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture020.jpg

I definantly like the second one better! I think a couple of golfball sized rocks would make it look even nicer. Looking good though i like the background!

hi chris

i see you have put the rotala mac and the rotala indica in the back corners, for the macranda especially try and move this to a better lit are in the fore-mid ground area as this plant need intestive light and it will die off in the shaded area you have it at the moment...

if you put the amazons nearer the back it would give a bit more depth and not take away from the fore-mid ground plants..( only my opinion :blush: )

well a few weeks ago i drained about 75% of the water (still didnt have fish in only shrimp (6 of) and got rid of everything but the red vallis, dwarf hair grass, few bits of amazon swordor black sword (not to sure witch one) Crypt Novelli, Anubias Barteri, Bacopa Caroliniana,

i bought some fish on saturday (about 20 neon tertra's) and removed my shrimp for snail treatment

pictures will be here later

pictures looks alot bearer(sp.) at the moment but hopefully the vallis will grow even more to fill it out

Image006.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image009.jpg

Image002-1.jpg

Image001-1.jpg

Image000-1.jpg

picture are off my phone will get some better one later of the digi cam

Nice shoal of neons :) what happened to the plants?

Sam

You're saying that snails destroyed all those plants? Because it looks like some are just dieing.

You're saying that snails destroyed all those plants? Because it looks like some are just dieing.

its got co2 90 watt of light (over about 30 gallons at the most) has waterlife tropiFlora every 2 weeks (except at the moment while im treating it for snails( as directed)

it got to a point where there was 4-5 snails to every square inch of glass and background (thats without the floor)

what plants look like there dieing

edit - the plant on tyhe wood has got some white on the edge's not to sure what that is though

I know you didnt take it like that but what i said wasnt meant to be insulting in anyway :)
Im sure i could see brown fadey vallis.

I know you didnt take it like that but what i said wasnt meant to be insulting in anyway :)

you didnt insult me at the end of the day its a tank with plants in

my post came out wrong tbh

lthey are red vallis and are sproting (i only had a few bunches at the start)

you didnt insult me at the end of the day its a tank with plants in

my post came out wrong tbh

lthey are red vallis and are sproting (i only had a few bunches at the start)

Fair enough :good:

Have you got a nutrient-rich compost/substrate under the pea gravel... this will naturally help you plants enormously.
Vallis needs slightly harder water to do well, if you have a softwater aquarium, then the Vallis will struggle...

Most reactions

Back