Planted Tank

just went to have a look and some are faded and a fair few are broke at the top where snail's had been eating them

Have you got a nutrient-rich compost/substrate under the pea gravel... this will naturally help you plants enormously.
Vallis needs slightly harder water to do well, if you have a softwater aquarium, then the Vallis will struggle...

nope i havent and when i first done it i wish i did

not sure if i have hard water or not? im from london area if that helps

just went to have a look and some are faded and a fair few are broke at the top where snail's had been eating them

Have you got a nutrient-rich compost/substrate under the pea gravel... this will naturally help you plants enormously.
Vallis needs slightly harder water to do well, if you have a softwater aquarium, then the Vallis will struggle...

nope i havent and when i first done it i wish i did

not sure if i have hard water or not? im from london area if that helps

You will definetly have a high KH then. No worries there. Vallis really is a KH eating monster.

Vallis is indeed a a hard water loving plant i have really hard water and a ph of like 7.6 and the vallis is taking over my tank its well over a meter long and its sent runners out right to eat end of my tank, it was originally in its own area but now its popping up between my swords and in gaps between my bogwood.

Vallis is indeed a a hard water loving plant i have really hard water and a ph of like 7.6 and the vallis is taking over my tank its well over a meter long and its sent runners out right to eat end of my tank, it was originally in its own area but now its popping up between my swords and in gaps between my bogwood.

that exactly the look i want except dont want it too tall as i said it was only a couple/few bunches but getting growing so i split it up and put it along the back.

what do you do to your tank maintance wise? waterchange?
do you use co2 do you know you wpg?

thanks

Most reactions

Back