Planted Fluval Spec

wow you lot are lazy!

''pick up syringe'' that must use .00000000000000000000001 of a calorie.

BTW i do like the bottles personally. The ADA ones are best though! :*

BTW i do like the bottles personally. The ADA ones are best though! :*

style over content! Come on Ian, how much did you pay for your ADA one? I will then mock you with the cost price of one of these things.

The ADA bottle comes with ferts, then you have spares (which i have plenty of), that sell for a fiver each. The ferts cost me £25 for 500ml and last me about 4 months. I find them pretty cost effective. Maybe not as cost effective as dry ferts, but it's pre mixed. Works out cheaper than TPN+. :good:

style over content...

The ADA bottle comes with ferts, then you have spares (which i have plenty of), that sell for a fiver each. The ferts cost me £25 for 500ml and last me about 4 months. I find them pretty cost effective. Maybe not as cost effective as dry ferts, but it's pre mixed. Works out cheaper than TPN+. :good:

style over content...

the bottles sell for a fiver each? Not as silly in price as I would've imagined, but if it's aluminium, sprayed polymer or possibly vacuum metalized then it's probably between a 700% - 1200% mark up.

what dose does it put out? If you are interested in getting one that does a differnt dose (any of you), give me a PM and I'll see what I can do. Might even be able to make it all pretty like ADA :lol:

The bottle Tizer has shown is around £1.65 i think. They do look cool and i may get myself some soon ;)

Why ? because i never can remember what shring i used for water conditioner, ferts or water tests :D

Only problem is for bigger tanks, 45 squirts, no thanks hehe.

LP

i think they are all 1ml a squirt :) so thats 80 squirts on my big tank :D no ta! :D

open bottle, pickup syringe, suck up liquid, squirt it in, put it down, close bottle. :|

sounds like you've got plenty of time on your hands to do this
rolleyes.gif

only when im at work :D at home i've sooooo much to do atm :|

As Zoddy said he could make ones that dispense more per squirt.

LP

I have a small graduated plastic jug that is supposed to be used by hairdressers which I use for larger fert measurements. And I keep my 50p syringe from the chemists in it so I know it's for the ferts (I have the same issue in identifying them otherwise lol). :good:

I can see how a pump would be useful for a small tank...but not for a big one!

I like how you've done so far Tizer :nod: definitely agree there may need to be some wood in it!

These plants are pearling like mad this morning, is that kinda normal? they were doing it in the shop tank when i got them too. Would you expect that to stop in a day or two time? I am, i'm expecting them to all die tbh as im useless with plants :D

With it being a new tank set up it's probably just the gas that was dissolved in the water dissipating.

Went to MA before and they had these tanks in there, they are tiny :D

LP

Nice start mate, love these little tanks, I'm after one of the TMC 8L ones.

Most reactions

Back