Plant Id's Please

Kevstir

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just starting up my new Juwel vision 180 :D

My girlfriend bought me some plants from eBay (only a fiver) as a little surprise and iv not got a clue what iv got (didn't come with name tags) she said she asked if they would send some easy to take care of plants but i recon a couple aren't ..

anyway here's some picys

Tank.JPG

Tank1.JPG

Tank2.JPG

i don't have time to research them at the moment as the pub calls lol but if you could help that will be great , I'll prob come back from the pub in a drunken state and rearrange them lol

iv not got any co and just have the standard juwel lighting , iv put nutrafin plant gro fertilizer sticks under each plant ..

Cheers

Kev

think the one on the far right is a Cabomba caroliniana am i right???

at the back of the bogwood on the right i think is amazon sword???

really?? i quite like that one as well :(

for what iv got do you think iv got them in the right position???

are they ok for starting of with?? i have a feeling the purple one requires more light but cant find what it is

oh i have about 1.3 wpg if that helps

you can test it: hold it out of the water and if the stems hold the leafs up then it's most probably non-aquatic (apart from anubias really)

cheers guys thats great :D

they were only a fiver so no great loss , might give the seller a wee email to vent my frustration, they might have been cheap but you would at least expect to get what you pay for :crazy:

The crinkle plant is Hemigraphis Colorata 'Exotica' it dosent require Extremly bright lighting but it isnt a true aquatic plant, the other plant is Trichomanes javanicum 'Aqua Fern' another plant that isnt a true aquatic and should be attached to wood or stone for best results

the arrow heads latin name is Syngonium podophyllum if you were interested im not sure what the other two plants are sorry

Most reactions

Back