Plant Advice - Please

cl22

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had vairous plants in my tank, some have been eaten to the last bit and some just break up and really annoy me.

What do you guys recommend? Some hardy, that wont break up easy but is also good for the tank. Nothing too huge as it is 60 ltrs.

What kind of substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? Also, what lighting do you have?
Are you just wanting some simple plants for the tank as it is, or looking at making it a proper planted tank with CO2 etc?

BTW i think you're gonna have some problems with the fish in your tank. Molly's like brackish water, silver sharks (bala?) are gonna get way to big for that tank, and i dont think the female betta's are gonna last too long with the male.

Well we have had the Molly's for 7 months all 3 and no problems. The female's betta's also with the male for 4 months and they seem ok. The females swim around together like a shoal and then have the odd flirt with the male. But we were told by the fish place to have 3 and 1 male. But we have stopped using them now as i cannot reply on there advice. But regardless, all seems ok.

Yeah I know about the Sharks, we are going to sell them soon, they are tiny at the moment. But again we were told to buy 2 from that place. But I dont think they are that good TBH.

At the bottom of the tank we have gravel and a bit of slate. Just need something that will not get eaten loads, I know the Clown's like to eat some plants, which we have got, but want to get a couple that wont get eaten and give good O2 etc tec.

Thanks for you reply.

for a 60 litre tank you will need to get rid of the clown loaches they need to be kept in 3 + in a 55 gal min. if u have no co2 injection and no substrate like aquaclay or eco complete or tetra substrate etc... (gravel doesnt count) i would reccomend java ferns i had a huge java fern in my 20 gal

Most reactions

Back