Planning My New Tank

here is a update pic of my tank and stats! (Still Cycling)

my water reading`s are:

temp: 26 degree`s
salanity: 1.025
ph: 8.3
nitrate: 15ppm
nitrite 1ppm
ammonia: 0

DSCF2109.jpg

is the hardness of the water important for saltwater fish?

The parents do not look after fry, this much I know. Another reason they need to be moved from the display tank ;)

so clown fish dont try and rescue there kids from sydney, australia then :p disney lying to us again!

Nice one!! :D :D :D

@ australia

I would recommend changing that backround to a plain one. A plain blue backround looks much better for marines :good:

Hardness of the water typically refers to carbonate hardness, otherwise known as alkalinity. Saltwater fish do not directly care about carbonate hardness. If it's drastically low (like, non-existant), then your pH can be really low and that's not necessarily good for them. However I've never seen a FO (or FOWLR) whose carbonate hardness dropped too far for even fish when even semi-regular waterchanges were done.

Hardness of the water typically refers to carbonate hardness, otherwise known as alkalinity. Saltwater fish do not directly care about carbonate hardness. If it's drastically low (like, non-existant), then your pH can be really low and that's not necessarily good for them. However I've never seen a FO (or FOWLR) whose carbonate hardness dropped too far for even fish when even semi-regular waterchanges were done.

okay mate cheers :good:

today i got my Ocellaris Clownfish pair, i added them to the tank correctly and tested the water before i put them in there and it was fine though they seem to be only swimming around in 1 corner, why would they do this?

Dunno, my old ones did that too for the first few days. Eventually they staked out a different territory and pretty much hang out in my elegance coral.

Dunno, my old ones did that too for the first few days. Eventually they staked out a different territory and pretty much hang out in my elegance coral.

okay, i hope that is the case with mine too :good:

what skimmer should i use for my 80litre/2 foot tank? there are so many.......

okay, i hope that is the case with mine too :good:

what skimmer should i use for my 80litre/2 foot tank? there are so many.......

They are swimming around now! :hyper:

they are at 5-6cm and one looks smaller then the other so im guessing the bigger one will be the female :rolleyes:

how long entill they start breed do use think?

here`s a few pics of them :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

DSCF2122.jpg

DSCF2128.jpg

DSCF2113.jpg

Most reactions

Back