Piranha's ?

pompeydaz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi ya, just wondering whats the best thing for piranhas? Im pretty certain they won't be any good for me, I've got a male fighter, honey gouramis, emperor tetras, corys, red tailed shark. so wouldn't go with mine I don't think. But what could I put them in with?

Hi ya, just wondering whats the best thing for piranhas? Im pretty certain they won't be any good for me, I've got a male fighter, honey gouramis, emperor tetras, corys, red tailed shark. so wouldn't go with mine I don't think. But what could I put them in with?

I believe they need s species only tank (other inhabitants will become lunch), and one that is fairly large (400l+) to house a small group - and they do need to be kept in a group, despite their reputation they are quite shy and timid fish.

Ah right ok, thats what I thought. Been offered 2 so thought I would see if I could have them or not. Thanks for clearing that up.

There's a guy near me selling 5 of them, if you wanted to get a giant tank with a whole shoal? Make a proper thing of it.

Thanks for letting me know, but I only wanted these two for free if I didn't have to change anything for them.

Most reactions

Back