Pictures Of Prianha Tanks

What you got in at the moment and can make suggestions on that.

well its in my profile pic...but i just have 2 logs 2 rocks and some tan crushed coral at the bottom. there are quite a few fake plants but the rbps have ripped em up quite a bit and i need some new stuff...i kind of wanted to get some floating plants, but im concerned about snails? i want there to be alot of vegetation though, but not for too much money.....

crushed coral?!?!get that out NOW.crushed coal will raise your ph, you do NOT want that, couldnt of picked a worse substrate, get gravel or sand.

Just buy loads of grassy looking plants and some pieces of bogwood.

Mine used to be heavily planted but currently in mine I've got some bogwood, seachem flourite from when it was a planted tank, and some anubias on the bogwood. There used to be some java fern in there too.

But yes, crushed coral is not good. At all.

o and i also wanted to get a powerhead...so there will be a current in my fish tank. Is this okay? and if i can get one are they any that you would recommend for a 75gal. tank? And how much power does it need, like how many GPH should it be? because im sure that 5283 gph is too much but i dont know much about powerheads.....

thanks

You should have enough filtration in your tank that you don't need a powerhead. You really need to shoot for around 8-10x turnover, especially with the amount of fish you have in your tank.

You should have enough filtration in your tank that you don't need a powerhead. You really need to shoot for around 8-10x turnover, especially with the amount of fish you have in your tank.

okay so powerheads are just more filtration, which isnt a bad thing. but does it make the tank look kind of col bc there is a current in it? do u think itd just be a waste to get one?

and again r there any tricks to removing the base of your tank? the coral in my case?

Just use a net to get it out.

Powerheads are not more filtration. Only in marine tanks with live rock is it filtration. They just move the water around. I'd think would be a waste. If you've got enough filtration chances are you won't need a powerhead. You might want one if you've got a canister on your tank and you feel it's doing okay as far as mechanical filtration goes. What do you have on there now?

EDIT: Grammar/Spelling

Just use a net to get it out.

Powerheads are not more filtration. Only in marine tanks with live rock is it filtration. They just move the water around. I'd think would be a waste. If you've got enough filtration chances are you won't need a powerhead. You might want one if you've got a canister on your tank and you feel it's doing okay as far as mechanical filtration goes. What do you have on there now?

EDIT: Grammar/Spelling
i always forget what 2 filters i have....i have like the biggest penguin bio wheel one and the smallest bio wheel one. what is a canister? i think that i would like to have a current in my tank i just think that it could look cool with plants, so what gph or what kind would you advise...and do u think that it could really help provoke ammonia, and be less algea?

Yeah, up the filtration for sure. Even for a correctly stocked piranha tank, that isn't enough. Do a google search for a canister filter. The advantage is it provides MUCH greater biological filtration that a basic cartridge style hob filter. It doesn't turn over water as fast however and is a pain to clean. Ime eheims seem to be much more reliable that all the hobs I've tried though.

I'd probably go for a canister and a hob or an aquaclear. I haven't really had much luck as far as reliability goes with the aquaclears, but it seems like other people have. On my 29g sanchezi tank I have an Eheim 2213 and an ac 50. It's pretty overdone but I felt I needed something more than the eheim and all I had around besides some really small ones was the 50.

Yeah, up the filtration for sure. Even for a correctly stocked piranha tank, that isn't enough. Do a google search for a canister filter. The advantage is it provides MUCH greater biological filtration that a basic cartridge style hob filter. It doesn't turn over water as fast however and is a pain to clean. Ime eheims seem to be much more reliable that all the hobs I've tried though.

I'd probably go for a canister and a hob or an aquaclear. I haven't really had much luck as far as reliability goes with the aquaclears, but it seems like other people have. On my 29g sanchezi tank I have an Eheim 2213 and an ac 50. It's pretty overdone but I felt I needed something more than the eheim and all I had around besides some really small ones was the 50.

ok sounds good

Most reactions

Back