2 yello morph
1 brown coloured morph
11 telescopic eyed black gold
1 phiranna {gonna buy}
some tips on phiranna maintennance please
user name phiranna
more fishes than people at home
adieu mon ami

Neither would i brother. Jus always led to believe piranhas eat ANYTHING! ok, not spikes, but you know what i mean! Good luck to you bro! :thumbs:

Actually you can keep plecos with piranhas, I've seen them in countless piranha tanks and they've grown to huge sizes.

I thought most pirahhna species were fairly (using this loosely) docile with similar sized fish..unless something was sick or injured.

I now this topic is way old and long gone.
I was just reading through old piranha topics.

But i hate to break this to you, but your 'red belly piranhas' are actually 'red hook silver dollars'.
I am 99.9% of that...

But i hate to break this to you, but your 'red belly piranhas' are actually 'red hook silver dollars'.
I am 99.9% of that...

Ever been to Specsavers? :lol:

willtang3000 you can not id a fish solely on thinking that the white outline of the mouth to one picture is teeth.

They are definably red hook silver dollars, young ones in fact.
Take a look at google images, you will see...

I am 99.9% of that...

Ha ha! Pirhanas they are. Ive seen the teeth up close. :) But just incase you need proof...

IMG_2364.jpg

Ive just set my pirahna tank up (no fish yet) and I would quite like a few crabs in there. Dont the red clawed crabs need salt water? (If not then) the pirahnas dont bother them? (no crab for lunch then)

Where did you get them?

Ive just set my pirahna tank up (no fish yet) and I would quite like a few crabs in there. Dont the red clawed crabs need salt water? (If not then) the pirahnas dont bother them? (no crab for lunch then)

Where did you get them?

I ended up putting my crabs in with my puffers. You can get fiddler crabs but they are more aggresssive and might make themselves more visible to the Ps. While the Ps were with the red clawes I had no problems with them being together.

Most reactions

Back