Pics Of My Egyptian Mouthbrooders And Crabs....

guppy_man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
DSC00914.jpg

Great little fish, they were among the first fish I kept, I blame them for getting me hooked. Great colour on that male.

Great little fish I had 2 and they wouldnt stop multiplying so in the end I took them all back to the lfs.

maybe thats what ill end up doing, taking them back, i could never do that really :no:
ive only had them since friday, and the female is holding, in a way im chuffed, but if they get out of control, and the lfs won't take them, i will be stuck with hundreds of them :lol:

maybe thats what ill end up doing, taking them back, i could never do that really :no:
ive only had them since friday, and the female is holding, in a way im chuffed, but if they get out of control, and the lfs won't take them, i will be stuck with hundreds of them :lol:

Most of the time the fry were eaten by the other fish as soon as the female spit but sometimes she would hide them way in the back and when they finally appeared they were too big to be eaten.

Where did you get your Egyptian Mouthbrooders? I would love a pair.

Most of the time the fry were eaten by the other fish as soon as the female spit but sometimes she would hide them way in the back and when they finally appeared they were too big to be eaten.

well there is only the male and 3 crabs in the tank with her, so really the only danger is the male, but there are plenty of hiding places now, ive added 2 pieces of bogwood, which the crabs love :lol:

how big do they get? i wish my neons would breed uncontrolably
well mine are only around the 8cm mark, the female is slightly smaller.

i got them from maidenhead aquatics in cwmbran, they were £6 for the pair, is this a good price?

i got them from maidenhead aquatics in cwmbran, they were £6 for the pair, is this a good price?

Yeh thats ok, my lfs sells them for £1.50 each but they get loads in cos lots of people around breed them.

Most reactions

Back