PH

commanderdoom21

Moved On
Reaction score
Yo wudup.

Well, da local aquarium shop told me dat I had to test PH. My PH was too low. I read the PH up bottle and it said to add 4 drops per gallon.

My status, a 10 gallon tank
I put 6 drops :unsure:
I have 3 goldfish
The PH was 6.2
My normal PH is supposed to be 7.0 :crazy:
I want a block of cheese for christmas
Cheddar cheese is the best 8)

Well, this is all my status that should help you tell me how many drops are needed. THANKS! :hyper:

what's up! just add two more drops and tha' ph should be perfect- get better fish man! :lol: just goldfish what the hell. but anyway i like cheese too- chedder all the way. :shifty:

I dont know if this is the right amount for your pH adjuster or not, but 4 drops per gallon in a 10 gallon tank is 40 drops, not four

4 drops/gallon x 10 gallons

If I recall correctly, 40 drops would be 2 mL

Alright. I added some more PH up.

Also, I have been treating the fish that currently suffers from popeye. His eye is getting back to normal slowly

I added 4 more drops.

Lets get together and worship sharp cheddar.

I'd be very careful using that stuff if I were you. Sudden changes in water parameters can be very stressful, as alitheia_agapi pointed out. If the change is too large, it can kill the fish. I'd only slowly add a few drops every now and then during a period of several weeks until it was at the right level, just to be on the safe side. Remember that in the future you need to change the pH of the water you add during water changes as well.

Note that the pH scale is logarithmic. A change from pH 6 to 7 isn't just one small step on the scale, it's a tenfold change in concentration. pH 6 is a hundred times more acidic than pH 8. So the change of 0.8 in your case is greater than you might think.

If your pH value fluctuates, or if your tap water pH is higher than the one in your tank, it may be due to a lack of buffer. You should test your carbonate hardness (KH), and if it turns out to be very low, I'd try raising that instead of pH, by adding something like crushed coral in the filter or gravel. Changing the pH with chemicals is not usually a good idea, because you have to keep adding it frequently, and it's hard to keep the water stable for fish.

Most reactions

Back