Ph Drop

latenightrob

Reaction score
Just curious as to what makes the ph drop in the tank after some time? Anyone know? simplified version is good or scientific version is good!

thanks

rob

Just curious as to what makes the ph drop in the tank after some time? Anyone know? simplified version is good or scientific version is good!

thanks

rob

Do you have any driftwood in the tank? That is a common cause

Overall though, there is no good all-encompassing answer. pH is influenced by a huge number of factors from the dissolved CO2 content (lowers), water hardness (raises), dissolved organic compounds (typically lowers), and so-on and so-on.

thanks

rob

Do you have any driftwood in the tank? That is a common cause

Overall though, there is no good all-encompassing answer. pH is influenced by a huge number of factors from the dissolved CO2 content (lowers), water hardness (raises), dissolved organic compounds (typically lowers), and so-on and so-on.

No driftwood, I am in the process of trying to cycle the tank. The only live matter in there is some plants, which have died, which I am come to find out would cause my ph to drop. I did a big internet search and found one good article explaining the Ph cycle. it can be found here http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_adjusting_pH.php.

I did a water change and I will be keeping an eye on it

Cycling tanks often have pH swings, it usually stabilizes once the tank has fully cycled.

Cycling tanks often have pH swings, it usually stabilizes once the tank has fully cycled.

I am finding that out, it just seems that I am doing well and then...it stalls, now I know why.

Most reactions

Back