Petstores Really Need To Enforce This

Hmongol

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
They need to have a big sign near out next to the betta section indicating that betta can not be housed together. Too many times have ive seen people buy 3 cups of betta and one 2 gallon bowl.
Also while the employee do nothing to question the costumer when they are holding a few cups and one tank.
Sorry just a rant after seeing yet another preventable situation.

oh wow....isn't this just so sad...another corporate money maker. poor fish

ihave to say i almost got 2 but my store was having none of it. got home and looked it up and felt so bad at what i had almost done that i decided against getting any.

it is a long process getting any fish from my local store can be a good thing for noobs like me and above almost disaster :-(

I agree. But if people had any brains at all and NO CLUE about fish, you might think there would be a LITTLE curiosity as to why there are rows of tanks with multiple fish being housed in them yet here are these little cups sitting on a ledge with one fish in each? Duh... :D

I have learned to take anything said by PetSmart employees with caution. I have gotten less than stellar advice from them. I much prefer to go online, do my research and get the right answers. :)

I agree. But if people had any brains at all and NO CLUE about fish, you might think there would be a LITTLE curiosity as to why there are rows of tanks with multiple fish being housed in them yet here are these little cups sitting on a ledge with one fish in each? Duh... :D

I have learned to take anything said by PetSmart employees with caution. I have gotten less than stellar advice from them. I much prefer to go online, do my research and get the right answers. :)
i use to think that way too but it if sad but true. People don't look thats why fish are the most under cared pets

in my local store they are kept in tanks with other fish. No cups to make you wonder why. I assumed wrongly so that the two they had were split to stop breeding.

in my local store they are kept in tanks with other fish. No cups to make you wonder why. I assumed wrongly so that the two they had were split to stop breeding.
My LFS had some bettas in tanks with male fancy guppies and gouramis.....i told them to either take the fish out or get me the manager. Thank goodness for my phone's capability to pull up the internet, that way I could show them WHY the betta needed to come out of the tank!

As said in many topics, fish stores are all about making money. Only a small handful actually advise you correctly.
My local fish store the other night had a tank of females with 2 males, I said something but they weren't interested.
Its sad but it happens everywhere :(

Most reactions

Back