Pets At Home

I perfectly agree mate,it is a scandal when so called `pet stores` have ill regard to the stock they sell.

We were there at the same time.. wow, we had a dog with us and a push chair with a baby haha. we did sit in the cafe for a while though.. its good to see a good store, then after that we went to South Manchester Aquatics. be it that we walk from Cheadle Heath to both it took us a while. we just went to price Cichlids up.

Iv heard of that Oasis.. never been though,.

:lol: Small world eh! I might have seen you, what kind of dig do you have? I've got pretty bright dyed red hair and was wearing (unsuprisingly...) all black :D

South Manchester are very good for variety but I honestly think Oasis totally tops it in terms of prices, quality of stock and staff ;)
I work in Urmston if you're ever venturing this far :thumbs:

the one where i got my very first lot from(festival park)

(and taking the advice) were 2 albino tiger barbs which were sold as cherry barbs a bronze cory sold as an albino (but thats not so bad ) and a RTB shark... :/ :X
in short not very wise expert...

hi everyone,
i live in lincoln,my nearest branch of pets at home is tritton road,the biggest of the two,i go to buy my parrot food there,i never buy fish from them, six people i know with tropicals wont either,those who have had nothing but trouble will fish dying ect,
i went in to get parrot food last week, the goldfish were not for sale under going treatment,i looked in and saw one nose down trying to swim with what was left of its tail,well it didnt have one where it should of been was a stump of white flesh wiggling about :sick: ,i know of the guy who knows his fish but he was still happy to serve the people from the next tank along.now i go to perrys at dunholme.

yeah there gold fish were off sale but they were sent in sick. just coz one tank is sick tho dont mean that all of them are. i know the guy your talking about graham or somthing right? if i am forced to buy my fish from there i buy from the other store, at least all their tanks have lights :/

i did over hear them talking of a new person incharge of the animals house keeping and apparently shes real harsh :D yay they must improve now.

and i also like the 7day money back you get, so if it dies you can take it back, and if it infects your tank they will give you the free treatment :p

Yey, I got a responce today :)

Further to your email, I am sorry to hear of the problem you have experienced with the Wigan store. The pets we sell in store are our top priority; therefore we have many procedures in place to ensure there care is up to the highest standard. Clearly, in this instance something has gone wrong.

I have passed on your comments and concerns directly to the manager of the store as well as the Livestock Manager and Area Manager to look into. I would like to assure you that we are taking this seriously and any action that they deem necessary will be taken.

We are constantly looking at ways we can improve and the points you have made are very helpful. Once again I apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused and I hope that this matter will not deter you from shopping with us in the future.

Regards

Debbie Glennon

For Pets at Home

Just goes to show what an e-mail can do does`nt it.Lets hope they are as sincere as they suggest.
Well done Pieman. :)

same with the store by me in harlow essex, will never buy from them, fish maily dying

i was in the warrington one the other week had a couple of dead fish floating about

but there were 2 guys in there buying a tank and the staff told them not to buy the fish for the tank just yet they were looking at goldfish but never gave a reason

i think its quite popular there though cause the 2 times ive been in for stuff there was no stock

but i think some of there things are a bit cheaper than others ive been into

but wont be buying fish from there yet to find a decent lfs in the nort west i know one thats quite good but expensive

sounds suspiciously like a standard response from Pets@home. bet they send it out alot and also bet it means nothing.
BTW
The Ipswich one was horrific - death everywhere - but I haven't bin there in a while.
The Shirley one in Sothampton is terrible - overstocked tanks, odd mixtures of tankmates, very poorly labeled, dead fish, couldn't care less attitude - I buy quineapig pellets and timothy hay and straw and the odd parrot toy/bag of cat litter because they're cheap

Really we should be recommending a total boycott across their stores

I hate supporting them but they are cheaper which means I'm being a wuss

Shall we boycot?

Fintasia Aquatics in Darlington is good, infact the owner of the store comes on here (Fintasia). She really cares about the fish and treats them with lots of care, and they all have well maintained tanks with exciting and healthy fish. You should try there shop if you live relatively close, I recommend it! :)

Hey you should try either pier aquatics in wigan, along the same road as alphabet soon before the train station, or Britains Aquatic Superstore in Bolton which is absolutly HUGE!

BAS in Bolton is huge but for me it is not as it was a few years ago.
It seems a bit run down and shoddy.
Lots of choice though i have to say.

My new fave store is Maidenhead Aquatics in Bold Heath which is just off the M62,the junction after Ikea in Warrington,very knowledgeable staff and great choice of fish and stock.

Most reactions

Back