peru order

Those are gorgeous, Paul :wub:

(I think gada should get them! Just think of the brownie points you'll get)

wrs said:
now when it says peru, do you mean the country, or is that some bnritish fish company?
He means the country

since i got them that have pretty much sat in the same spot although one morning i went down the big fella was sitting out front bold as brass!! He also comes out front at night to gobble down a couple of muscles.

Unfortuanately 1 of the female whiptails died yesterday so only have 1 male left now for myself. The rest of my fish are coming Wednesday.

Here's the place my fish came from- http://www.neotropicalfauna.com/ although http://www.oddballexpress.com/ were the importers.

wow! Thats far from England isnt it? I bet they cost a lot to ship.

It actually works out cheaper than buying from the LFS as you have cut out the middle man and therefore not paid the LFS mark up for their profit, but you do have to buy as part of a group to get a order large enough to make it worth the exporters while and keep shipping costs down, it also means you can order fish that are otherwise difficult to get as many shops wont stock fish that are harder to sell.
The fish you see in the shops are all imported from either their wild habitat or fish farms in Asia (though some fish in the states may have come from Florida where there is now a large fish farming business) so whether you import them directly yourself or buy them from the LFS they will have still traveled the same difference.

CFC said:
It actually works out cheaper than buying from the LFS as you have cut out the middle man and therefore not paid the LFS mark up for their profit, but you do have to buy as part of a group to get a order large enough to make it worth the exporters while and keep shipping costs down, it also means you can order fish that are otherwise difficult to get as many shops wont stock fish that are harder to sell.
The fish you see in the shops are all imported from either their wild habitat or fish farms in Asia (though some fish in the states may have come from Florida where there is now a large fish farming business) so whether you import them directly yourself or buy them from the LFS they will have still traveled the same difference.
no wonder my lfs is expensive. Everything is probably wild caught then, you should see the prices.

i am absolutally amazed about what you have done great work. i whould have never thought to do that. you are so lucky that you can as out quarintine laws are so strick. see the selection you had to choose from! awsome. i want to know what the costs were like but i dont want to be rude.

awsome fish.
al

thanks very much. costs for importing were nil....I wasn't actually the importer and Oddball express weren't charging for any freight fees.

All I paid for was the cost of each fish, which was very litle compared to what I would of paid here for the same fish, let alone if I could find them in the UK!!

With all my fish and mates fish (i got someone else to come in to help with the courier cost) we spent togther £160 on the fish and for a guy to drive them down to me on the same day cost £80.

In my fish that are coming tomorrow I bought quite a few of the same fish that I can sell on for a hefty profit.

Most reactions

Back