Pearl Gourami

-Chewy-

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first time posting pictures. I realized that there aren't many pictures of pearl gouramis in this forum. So I have decide to post some pictures. Pls comment on my pictures! :) (Is the quality good?)

Attachments

• Pearl_Gourami.jpg
    Pearl_Gourami.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 73
This is picture of my marble gourami, which I have hardly seen any pictures even on the internet itself :/ (And of course, haven't seen any here) - All comments are welcome!

Attachments

• Marble_Gourami.jpg
    Marble_Gourami.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 84
Chewy, are you sure your first one is a pearl gourami? I have attached a picture of a mean ole pearl that I gave away but it looks different than yours. Maybe yours is a female???? Who knows a lot about gouramis? Pearl or not it's a beautiful fish, hopefully it won't be as nasty as mine was.

Attachments

• Pearl.jpg
    Pearl.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 101
Yes, my pearl gourami is a female, didn't wanna buy a male as i heard that males can be argessive :grr: (which i think what yours is)
Anyway, what do you mean by " are you sure your first one is a pearl gourami?"
What does the "one" means? Does the "one" means fish or picture or posting?

I think they mean are you sure that the first picture you posted is a pearl gourami, but since it's a female, it would look quite different (they often do).

They are very nice fish, I've never heard of a marble gourami - it's very nice :nod:

It does look like a young pearl gourami female.

My picture (male):

Attachments

• helmirihma.jpg
    helmirihma.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 70
oo gurams were one of the first fish I fell in love with back when I was a knee bitter. Course it was the K. loach that is my true first love :)

There is a lot of gook on the glass or on your camera lens... but they are nice pictures!

Attachments

• guramis.jpg
    guramis.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 66
Beautiful pictures, everyone. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm putting this link into favorites. I'll use it to illustrate the difference between male and female pearls when members ask. :D

Fabulous closeups. You should be very pleased.

I had no idea female Pearls were so much less, well...PEARLY!! Wierd huh!

I do have a piece of info. for you:

Your "Marble Gourami" isn't really marble. It is really the 3 spot gourami, most commonly have 2 spots on body and then the eye, but breeders play around with the coloring of these guys quite a bit and lable them differently depending on their coloring. Example, look at my sig. and you will see my 3 spot gourami....which they call the "blue gourami". Your's is the same as mine, different pattern tough, like tigers!! So they called yours the Marble gourami. Just know that they are all variations of the 3 Spot Gourami. (FYI :D )

:cool:

Silver
:*

BTW. Marble/three spot/blue/yellow gouramis are all the same species, Trichogaster trichopterus, just different color varietes.

edit: silver was faster than me =)

I believe it's usually called an Opaline Gourami, which is (of course) a color variation of a blue. The amount of darker blue "marbling" varies from fish to fish, though.

It looks like a nice VERY very young female pearl. You can know cause see were the line in the middle is the black one is just starting to develop. Feed it good so it could provide beatiful colors. Here see the pic this is a male I think about 5 months olds still devoloping colors. :D :D :D :D :D :D Gouarmis are my stuff i guess ;) ;)

P.S This picture is not mine okay B)

Attachments

• gourami_pearl.jpg
    gourami_pearl.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 92

Most reactions

Back