Parents!

when you move out and pay for your own electric your probally understand why

altho moving out was the best thing i ever did, me and my parents acually get on now lol

you sound like my mum!! :lol: tho yes i say it to my kids these days, and apparently there is no compariason in what my tank uses and what 6 tellies and a few consoles use :blush: what do i know, im just the mug that pays the bills :rolleyes:

altho moving out was the best thing i ever did, me and my parents acually get on now lol

you sound like my mum!! :lol: tho yes i say it to my kids these days, and apparently there is no compariason in what my tank uses and what 6 tellies and a few consoles use :blush: what do i know, im just the mug that pays the bills :rolleyes:

im only renting a room atm but used to have my own rented house before i had tanks so i hate to think what the bill will be when me and the missus move into our own place again :unsure:

LOL again every word an you'd be amazed how many parents need educating on lighting in our LFS. :D

PARENTS rule lmao
Kids are there to suffer at our hands we know best - even when we dont

only joking

i'm 35 (i think) and when my mum comes and visits she now understands why i got all the filters etc in the tank by seeing how great the tanks look , i also sat down and explained lots of stuff to her about keeping fish

TALK to your parents they are not aliens and it will sink in in the end and yes they will listen , but they are parents they are not just going to take your word for it and will shut off if you start to preach at them
it took me a couple of months explaining about goldfish and bowls - after all the "yours were fine in a bowl , you never had a filter or anything and we just washed it out every few weeks" ------- i was 4 when i had my first goldfish lol

My mum rocks!
My mum has nothing to do with my business.
My mum says "cool" when its all good.
My mum says "too bad" when it didnt go right.
My mum gives the godamn best advice on earth on any subject if asked.
My dad is a spaced out hippy that rarely makes it into the 21st century these days.
My mum in law is Hyacinth Bucket without the hat (I still love you if reading :flowers: )
Overall I am blessed with family but I appreciate the OP's point. :D

Lovely thread.

When I tell my dad about stuff he thinks it's cool. My mom could careless. I no longer live at home I have my own family. I'm a mom of a kicking 4 month old girl and I will fully be supportive of her hobby if it is harmless and she pays for it herself. If she gets In to fish I would love it we would have fun driving my husband crazy. He's a good sport and likes looking at the fish that's about it.

I just read this and have to say moving out was great for me too. My parents and I get along like friends now. Sadly a few years ago I moved cross country for snowboarding. I fell in love had a baby and now I'm stuck here and miss my family like crazy.

Most reactions

Back