Pangasius

STINKYFEET

Reaction score
have had my pangasius now for a few weeks and it was great to have in the tank, always up the front seeing what was going on. The past couple of days it has seemed to be a little lost, it is laying in the corner of the tank and not half as lively as it has been.

Any ideas?? :blink:

Thanks

he's gonna get a hell of a lot bigger than that!! he's going to need to be re-homed at some point, save yourself the aggro and do it now while he's small, public aquariums are absolutely swamped with them having outgrown they're owners tanks, if he's still small you can return him to the lfs now. in a few months you may not be able to

he's gonna get a hell of a lot bigger than that!! he's going to need to be re-homed at some point, save yourself the aggro and do it now while he's small, public aquariums are absolutely swamped with them having outgrown they're owners tanks, if he's still small you can return him to the lfs now. in a few months you may not be able to

I know but i just need to figure out what the hell is up with him, it is strange it seems as though he cant be assed with anyting

didn't i say in another thread not to get a pangasius :S

if he's lethargic it could be a number of things. can you see any outward signs of illness? has been eating, if so what?

didn't i say in another thread not to get a pangasius :S

if he's lethargic it could be a number of things. can you see any outward signs of illness? has been eating, if so what?

There is nothing visable and he is just eating the usual, flakes and worms. I will check him tonight and see what he is like if not any better i will move him to my 'safe house'

Are you sure you've had it a few weeks? Three days ago you said you were only looking into getting one:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=174868&hl=

No offense, but I'm thinking firstly you post three days ago about all the big fish (common plec, balas) you have in a 60l tank, and the pangasius you're planning, then you post about your poorly pangasius you've had a few weeks - hmm - anyone else thinking troll?

IVE GOT A PAIR OF PANGASIUS ABOUT 7" NOW KNOWING THEY CAN REACH 18 "!!!! DO NOT KEEP ON THIER OWN THEY NEED A PLAYMATE!!! AND A BLOODY BIG TANK!! FANTASTIC FISH!! GOOD FUN AND LOADS OF BLOODWORM!!!!! BE PREPARED!! BUT THEY ARE DEFINATELY WORTH THE EFFOT!! :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

hi the pangasius sutchi grows 12 - 18 inch's, the other 2 types grow much larger like the one in lisa's post,
dont be put off!! they are a wicked fish!!

Agreed they can easily reach lengths beyond 18".

They also do not have the correct temperament for aquariums. Since they are skittish fish easily disturbed by movement and noise, the last place they should be kept is in an undersized aquarium. Which is why theyare often seen in LFs's display tanks which damaged mouths, because they've slammed into the glass.

there was a 12" one in my LFS for a while in a 6ft tank on his own temporarily, he was VERY skittish! would go mad if he stood near the tank, let alone put your hand in!
he went to someone who had built a custom 9ftx2.5ft tank for it.

Most reactions

Back