Panda Worries

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well, sounds like you've got more days to keep watching out for traces. Hard to tell, you may be at the end of a successful fish-in cycle!

~~waterdrop~~

Hi,
Still keeping an eye on the Nitrites.... So far so good.
Ammonia and Nitrite still 0
pH still 7.8 and Nitrates still 10
This is day 4 of 0/0s. If I get to a week of 0/0 readings will this mean I've finished the cycle?
I'm feeling quite hopeful, but still concerned I'll suddenly get Nitrite.

With the new plants I got, like the Vallis and Amazon Sword, should the individual plants be separated or let as they were bought in a clump. Most had really good roots on them which I also found difficult to bury in the gravel, so does this also mean I shouldn't move them so often to gravel vac?

Your help/experience is still very much appreciated.

Lisa

Technically, 2 days of 0/0's with no water changes is what we usually say means you're cycled, but by "qualifying" it for a number of days beyond you give yourself a nice safety factor! At this point I'd say to just end it when its convenient for you. You can either choose to ease your testing to once a day or once every other day and just watch the tank for a bit or you could now consider adding 2 or 3 small fish and seeing how fast the filter catches up to the additional load. You're cycled, so its up to you!

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back