Oygen Tablets

smithy05

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi wondered if anyone knows of oygen tablets??? i seen em somewhere u put in tank they dissolve and produce extra oygen which is meant to b useful if u have low filtration does anyone know the proper name or a site where i can buy them as i have yet to find one when i google the name it comes up empty HELP

i have and i come with no results thats why im asking here. or does anyone know the companys that make them than i can mayb find where they sell it

mind if i ask where in wales you are?

talking about tablets, anyone know if I can chuck in CO2 into my fluval2 for my plants instead of a seperate system?

I've been to Aberystwyth a few times, love it there. My pal there keeps saying she'll tae me down to some of the other bits but never does.

i seen em somewhere u put in tank they dissolve and produce extra oygen which is meant to b useful if u have low filtration
If you need to add oxygen to the tank it should be done with the use of air pumps, powerheads, and/or filters. These tablets are meant for using in bags or containers to transport fish, not regular use in an aquarium. Not only would it end up costing more to keep replacing, but many of these tablets also contain a type of sedative to make the ride transportation more comfortable.

As freddy said, they are not for long term use. But I have used them sparingly when I have medicated a tank that has a detrimental effect on the oxygen carrying capacity of the tank.

They are called oxygenating tablets and are usually a quid for a pack of 10.

However, if this is a long term problem, it will be more cost effective in the long run to upgrade your filtration or provide and air pump rather than using chemical methods.

You can even get them at Wilkinsons pretty cheaply, but as has been said, they are not much use if you have a good filter

You can even get them at Wilkinsons pretty cheaply, but as has been said, they are not much use if you have a good filter

i got good filter dont have problems with that just see em petstore didnt know if they any good, would they b good idea when setting up new tank???? give fish bit extra oxygen when they go in???????

ok no worries guess its just cos i never noticed em before so werent sure but as they not important i aint gotta waste me cash

Most reactions

Back