Our fish

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They are tuxedo platys. The oldest are about a month old and are getting quite large now. The youngest are only a few days to a week old. They are very brave and think nothing of swimming around all over the tank! Here is a pic of one of the adults................

Attachments

• IM000699.jpg
    IM000699.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 54
playfulalliecat said:
They are tuxedo platys. The oldest are about a month old and are getting quite large now. The youngest are only a few days to a week old. They are very brave and think nothing of swimming around all over the tank! Here is a pic of one of the adults................
Aha so thats what they're called! Thanks allie, I'm getting a couple of them, saw them in my fishstore just labelled as "variatus platies" :rolleyes: Livebearers are cool :p :)

She was just going under there to hide because they are all very camera shy!

My little Puffers were the same way, as soon as the camera came out the tank looked empty :/ ..After taking about 100 pics of tails dissapearing into the bushes they finally got used to the flash and now ignore it most of the time :snap:

I don't even try to use the flash anymore. If I use it then they go up and hit the top trying to jump out. Just the sight of that little silver box and they are trying to get away.

:lol: :lol: ...nervous little fellers ain't they :lol: :lol: ...none of our Cichlids seem to be camera shy...my little Princess Salvini loves the camera and always seems to come out and pose for me (but she seems to prefer giving me a face on shot...I think she's trying to intimidate the camera :sly: )
Maybe if you put the camera on a tripod accross the room and move it a little closer each day they will get used to it. B)

Most reactions

Back