Other hobbies

Hes barely of working age, he has a part time job, legally cant do full time because of labor laws
I’m 17, I can legally work. I can work up to 32.5 hours a week when school is in session, and pretty much as much as I want when school isn’t in session.

Hes barely of working age, he has a part time job, legally cant do full time because of labor laws
I make my money by working for neighbors. We have some elderly people in the neighborhood that I help and in turn they pay me. I also mow lawns. I dont pay taxes and its cash only. Should I actually be paying taxes?

I make my money by working for neighbors. We have some elderly people in the neighborhood that I help and in turn they pay me. I also mow lawns. I dont pay taxes and its cash only. Should I actually be paying taxes?
I have to pay taxes every year, but my paycheck comes electronically, so it automatically does it. I still have to turn in a 1040 at the end of the year.

I have to pay taxes every year, but my paycheck comes electronically, so it automatically does it. I still have to turn in a 1040 at the end of the year.
hmm. I never do that. I might not even make enough to pay taxes
Since I sell on etsy I do have to pay taxes on that tho

hmm. I never do that. I might not even make enough to pay taxes
Since I sell on etsy I do have to pay taxes on that tho
Because I work for a legitimate business, I legally have to pay taxes. Because you are essentially your own boss, and you don’t work for a company, you aren’t legally obligated to.

I’m 17, I can legally work. I can work up to 32.5 hours a week when school is in session, and pretty much as much as I want when school isn’t in session.
LOL! My first job was when I was 5 years old. My bus stop for school was a soft serve ice cream place. While I was waiting for the bus I'd pick up the trash in the parking lot and they would pay me a quarter a day. A quarter was what they charged for the largest cone so I got my after school ice cream for free. ;)

After that I sort of worked for an outfit that dealt with electric motors. The owner would pay me to remove the copper wiring from armatures. In hind sight he could have just melted off the copper but he liked me and it was a way to give me some spending money. I guess I would have been around 7-8 years old.

Actual real first job was when I was 14. I worked in the consession stand for a local drive-in theater. Sigh, I SO much miss drive-in theaters! This was my first job that actually involved taxes and my parents had to sign a form to allow me to work.

Now, many, MANY years later I have the best job in the world! I get paid for doing nothing as I'm retired. ;)

idk why I thought you were 15...
1656811515903.gif

Because I work for a legitimate business, I legally have to pay taxes. Because you are essentially your own boss, and you don’t work for a company, you aren’t legally obligated to.
You still have to pay taxes lol where are you getting your legal information

Most reactions

Back