Oscar wont eat?

I haven't read the whole thread. But has anyone suggested ox heart. Freeze it and then grate it on a cheese grater. I have never had an Oscar turn its nose up at that.

I haven't read the whole thread. But has anyone suggested ox heart. Freeze it and then grate it on a cheese grater. I have never had an Oscar turn its nose up at that.
No they havent but I could try it. Between this forum and the monster fish forum I'm getting alot of I should wait a while because he is 10-12" long so he can go a while without. But I'll give it a try

Currently using hakari cichlid pellets because that's what the store was feeding him. It's the only thing he is moderately interested in. I would prefer he eat the hakari frozen blood worms and brine shrimp that we feed the rest of our fish but he just isnt interested in that. At least with the pellets he shows some interest but just spits them out
By right Hikari food should be fine.

But I have a friend who suspected that the Hikari Goldfish pellets are causing his Goldfish to have stomach bloating.
But I can't verify whether its true or not.

I guess you might want to monitor the fish after using the Hikari food.

By the way, avoid feeding your fish with frozen bloodworms.
There are two fish breeders (Wattley Discus is one of them) which had warned against feeding with bloodworms.
This can cause internal parasites infection and the fish will stop eating.

You can read the below link:
"Metro Discus Medication (metronidazole) - Wattley Discus" https://wattleydiscus.com/metro-discus-medication-metronidazole/

Most reactions

Back