opinions

neontetra05

Reaction score
i am considering breeding in my 5 gal what do you sugg it is a freshwater i would like something that is easy and not too pricey

Are you going to keep the parent fish in the five gallon?

Well, all the livebearers are gonna be easy as heck to breed, but they spawn so much you'd need another tank to keep all the cutie fry in. 5 gallons doesn't provide too much cover for vulnerable fry, much less a whole lot of room to grow. You could probably keep a pretty good ratio of male to female guppies in there.

I don't really know about the ease or difficulty of breeding anything other than livebearers....

Hey Neon, sorry to bust in like this, but your posts just gave me the answer to my own fry tank problems! I was thinking of what you could breed in your five, but I can't really suggest anything unless you do what someone suggested in your other post, like breeding guppies and then feeding the fry to your betta... if you uh, can do that sort of thing, I don't know, some people find it wrong :dunno: Thats if you just want to breed, not raise the fry to adult. Cause if you do, then my suggestion is just silly...

What about using a cheap storage bin from Wal-Mart? I think if you bought a cheap heater, and sponge filter, you could raise guppy fry for under 25$ CDN. This way, you could grow them till they are big enough to sell, and the larger storage bins can easily hold anywhere from 30-70 gallons!

DB :fish:

well i will try to feed them quiet quick and get rid of them fast as possible i know i am a neb

hey danny i fugire that the bins are 10.00 and the fish are 3.00 each are you friends with littly fishy

Check your PMs, silly.. I gave up for the night. My neighbours are blasting Michael Jackson against my wall to the point where I'm almost singing along to Smooth Criminal..
How am I to write a paper like that? lol

My only concern with the bin was the whole opaqueness of it. Can't really monitor the health of the fry, and therefore could end up feeding sick fry to the betta and causing it an infection or something.

Most reactions

Back