Open Wounds On Hatchet Fish

squeakytoy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am not sure if it was the other hatchet or if it was the giant danio (my money is on the danio, the ba*&&%$&d) but some one tore the heck out of the side of one of my hatchets yesterday. What is particularly distressing is the full half moon bite out of the bottom! I moved him out of that tank and this morning he seemed to be doing better, but as of this afternoon, the wounds are re-opened and they are red again ( I do not know if it was the result of tankmate aggression from the dwarf gourami or if was him brushing against the onamentation.) No streaking, just clean bleeding it looks like. Any advise on how to treat?

*I have since added both pimafix and melafix to the tank as a precaution.

Attachments

• wound_map.jpg
    wound_map.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 53
  • profile_1.jpg
    profile_1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 45
yeah, he looks pretty roughed up... Good news is that he doesnt seem to be swelling up or getting red streaks, so probably no internal injuries and nothing has gone septic... Keeping my fingers crossed, though. I bought three of them about a year ago, and one died 2 months ago when the tank went through new tank syndrome, and now I am down to two. I haven't seen any others with that same set of striping down the side either, so it would be tough to replace them.

Is the bleeding beneath the skin or on top of the skin.

Most reactions

Back