Oooo Guppy Companions Oooo

LoveMaster1995

Reaction score
:good: Hello People,

Iv Recently Purchased a 45 Gallon Tank from pets at home from the uk. I Have 7 Guppies In There and a few live plants. I want some good companions with them. I wanted Some clown loaches but i believe they become agressive. Maybe some small tetra's? Please give me a quick list of things i can put in with them peacfully. Would I be able to put only three clown loaches in?

thanx people :)

clown loaches in a 45 gallon, i dont think so.
tetras will live happily with guppies, so will other livebearers. cories are fine, and hatchets, rasboras, kuhliis, and pieceful community fish.maybe it would be easier to let us know what you want to put in, and we can say if its good or not.

I agree, no clown loaches... they'll get too big, plus they're social and enjoy schools of 5 or more... Kuhli loaches are interesting, so are dojos... Tetras are good, hatchets great... hmmmm cory cats are fun and active... let us know what else your thinking of :good:

I have to disagree with tetras. Some are nippy, and if you have males they will probably nip their fins. Clowns, as previously said, grow too big. Kuhli's need sand, so if you got that as ur substrate, you could get them. Cories rule :p !! There are lots of possibilities... what would you like to put in? Maybe you can find out and we'll see if it's ok or not :) !

Clown and dojo loaches are both social and get very large, over a foot in fact. Loaches are some of the least agressive fish I've had, though they will pester shy bottom dwellers when they try to "make friends." Kuhlis do need sand and do an awful lot of hiding unless you make them secure, otherwise they're fabulous little fish. There are also many smaller botia options, try a group of zipper, zebra or dwarf chain loaches. :good:

Hi Thanx for all info :)

Erm I want some tipes of loaches possibilly sucking loaches!
My Tank Sustrate Is Cobbles and Stoney tipe stuff! Not good for burrying basically!

You mean hillstream loaches? They prefer cooler temperatures and absolutely require a well aerated tank, you can keep them in a group if you can find them. Botia type loaches don't dig and would be fine with your substrate, just avoid the long slender ones like dojos and kuhlis.

Hi Thanx for all info :)

Erm I want some tipes of loaches possibilly sucking loaches!
My Tank Sustrate Is Cobbles and Stoney tipe stuff! Not good for burrying basically!

Fish sold as "sucking loaches" tend to be Chinese Algae Eaters, which grow large and agressive/territorial and are unsuitable for your tank.
What you could go for once the tank has established itself more as time goes by is some oto's, but having a little algae in the tank for them is best (as with any algae eating fish).
Otos;

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/speci...?species_id=107

They grow small and need to be in groups preferably of at least 3-5 or more and make good algae eating fish- if you don't have a spec of algae in the tank though, it will be more difficult to acclimatise them well to the tank as many oto's that end up in petshops are already half-starved and need a lot of algae to get back upto a good weight, fresh algae is the best for new oto's.

Most reactions

Back