Online Plants Shop (uk)

Erised

Cheer up, the worst is yet to come. ~ P. Johnson
Reaction score
I happened to stumble accross this website today, and thought some people here might be interested :)
Prices seem to be ok, shipping definatly isn't too expensive, quality of plants I couldn't tell

Her ebay shop is selling riccia fluitans on net (aprox. 3" by 4") for £8.50 + £1.00 postage, and Java moss on net (aprox. 3" by 4") for £2.50 + £1.00 postage.

Also claims to never let the postage go higher than £2.50, no matter how much you order *shrugs* ... her ebay comments seem to be alright (99.5% positive)

Wouldn't mind finding out if anyone has dealt with her before and if it would be worth buying from.

You can get Riccia from java-plants.com on a 5"x3" mesh for £5.25 + £1.95 postage.
And Java moss for £1.28 per 5 cm clumps or £6.00 per 25 cm clumps. I don't know what the quality of their stock is like.

Or £1 for 3cm java moss from Greenline, they don't have much Riccia at this time of year but when they get it back it's £3.70 for a 3cm clump.

You can check out Bistalls as well, they usually have JM, and often Riccia. Links to all of those sites are in the pinned topics.

Greenline and Birstalls have a very good reputation amongst the board members. I have used Java Plants without issue, but a few people have said they had problems.

Birstalls are fantastic, I ordered over a hundred pounds worth of potted plants (Tropica brand) the plants came in excellent packaging and in peak condition. I was 100% satisfied with the plants and the service. I would recommend buying potted plants (especially the Tropica brand) over loose bunches everytime. You are more likely to have more sucess with an established pot as loose stems/rhizomes.
Regards
BigC
http://www.birstall.co.uk/cgi-bin/Shop.cgi...quaticsnew1.gif

I've found Birstall to be the best online retailer, theres a reason for this the plants are tropica plants so the quality is top knotch, they're just importing them for you and shipping them out so the real quality is coming from Tropica, Birstall are a good provider but I have found it sometimes takes a couple of weeks to get the plants.

Greenline and Java I treat with caution, as I've had problems with both in the past but I would rather not discuss them on a public forum as it just doesn't seem right. It might just be an isolated case of me if you know what I mean.

both greenline and java are fantastic i have delt with them both.
PS most ebay sellers get their plants from there, before i knew better i bought a collection off one seller who sent me a collection from java and just charged me twice the price.

hi just to say the nannyspetals.com and ebay site is mine and my postage is never over 2.50 for how ever much you buy from me if you purchase through ebay just let me send you a revised invoice, the only time postage is more is from my website, and i can promise you i dont buy plants from green line or java to re sell if you look at my prices im actualy cheaper on alot of the same items, and im not planning to sell at a loss
:hey:

Most reactions

Back