one of my boys

longhorn13

Fishaholic
Reaction score
here is one of my betta boys, his name is eli. he is a total porker, anything i put in the tank he tries to eat, so i have to feed him very sparingly or else i worry that his belly will explode.

he wasn't being very cooperative of giving me a nice side shot with his fins spread...

eli.jpg

eli3.jpg

sorry about the blurry head, he decided to swim in midshot

eli2.jpg

one more (with flash) as he's starting to get grumpy and wants me to leave him alone

eli4.jpg

thanks allie! i wish i could get a good shot of him flaring, but he never flares at me. i occasionally catch him flaring at his reflection in the back, but he stops and acts like he wasn't doing anything if he sees me.

longhorn, I just think he loves his tank so much! It looks beautiful :wub:

thanks again--i need to re-bury those fake plants though, they always seem to come out of the gravel

here's a whole tank shot

eliscrib.jpg

he's always a lot happier with tankmates. when i first put him in there he looked so lonely and wasn't active at all, so first i tried some ghost shrimp and he perked up and seemed to enjoy watching them, which turned into eating them later...next i tried a red claw crab and he seemed to like that too, but then the crab escaped. there were no tankmates for a while and he seemed so lonely and depressed again, so i finally got a few cardinals and was happy again.

This picture is HILARIOUS:
eli.jpg

If he could talk, I'm SURE he'd be saying "Whatchu talkin about Willis?" right there.

LOL
He's a porker. That's very funny.

well, he let me get a couple decent pics of him today. i had to tell him that everyone thought he was handsome and he behaved a little more

12eli.jpg

12eli2.jpg

Try a pen lid. Every betta I have flares at pens, even the ones that barely flare at their reflection, they also flare at pens.

Here's a pic of mine so you can see what I mean ;)
000_59871.jpg

If that doesn't work, then I dunno :p

Most reactions

Back