Okay, I Really Need To Find New Homes For Some Of My Fish

constantine03

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I keep putting off finding new homes for the little guys because I really enjoy looking at them so much, and only want the best homes for them...but really...I want to concentrate on three pairs that I have, and I need room to buy some new females...so I think I'm going to let them go.

Why is that so hard for me to do?! Do you all have a hard time with this too?

yeah its hard coz u get so attatched to them

i hope u find them nice new homes xx

Well, I did it. I posted them all in the buy, sell, and swap section. :|

At least if someone on here buys them, I know they'll be going to good homes.

I listed mine on craigslist.com in the pet section and I got 8 replies in one day. A few I did not respond to such as the one whose e-mail address was silentkiller...LOL. I let them go to a sweet young couple. The boyfriend has a couple tanks and the girlfriend wanted one at her house too. She was so tickled when she picked them up. Oooohs and Ahhhs ! She has 8 dogs, so I know she is a pet lover. Was a good thing :)

I just asked questions and screened them first. If the girl who took them didn't take them all my next choice was the Mary Kay lady. It's worth a shot. Just be careful inviting strangers to your home. I made sure the hubby was here.

when dealing with craigslist I dont even meet people at my house, I meet them at the gas station or walmart lot. I have a major issue with total strangers knowing where I live.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not stranger to CL...it's one of my daily sites...okay, maybe 10x daily sites...but I worry being in a college town with bettas. 40,000 students and the vast majority only wants to see them fight. :(

I know the worry living near a college with morons wanting to fight the fish. When I had listed bettas on there for adoption I always ask a adoption fee (pending on the fish) slightly higher then any local shop sells bettas, even if only 50 cents to a dollar higher, the idiots who want to fight them arnt going to pay more then they have to, thus it really weeds out the morons. And I have always had people super satisified getting fish that they know are healthy.

I never heard of people buying them to fight :crazy:

Owwwwwww........Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww

My virgin ears !

Id take them, wish I had room :-( I couldnt put them with my others :-(
This topic is a few months old. Be mindful of dates on topics you are reading before you bump them ;)

Most reactions

Back