Ok, Im Banned From World Of Water Now!

I have written a letter to the RSPCA and am sending it today :)

RSPCA is a good start but they don't have much power over fish.
its Pet Licensing and your Local Councils Animal Welfare you need to Contact to get thing noticed and changed.

Go Finlay!
You are just trying to top my P@H rant :p But go for it, get them reported! Do as Gill says and report them to animal welfare. I will be doing that the next time I see P@H have made a big mistake :)

I would have done the same thing. I start calm, but when that doesn't work a good hissy fit sure gets the point across. If they banned you no big deal. Do you really want to support a place that treat their fish and animals that badly? The only thing stores like that understand is money. ASPCA and other agencys that protect animals only seem to care about dogs and cats. Fish don't rate to them! It's sad. It not very productive to go into stores and yell, but talking normally does not work. They either send a "marine bioligist" or some other expert or they send a 15 year old kid who has no clue.

I know. All animals should be treated the same. I dont care about the ban, i care about the fish. However, and thats a big however, some shops do care, take netty, bronzecat and Modaz, they all care for there fish!

the RSPCA does have the power to request the courts to have a shop closed down due to the state of their fish, and in most cases they win.

I wish it was like that in the US. I'm not even sure animal cruelty laws apply to fish here, but they're not enforced... The police and ASPCA seized something like 250 animals from a house in my city last week, and the news pictures clearly showed several small tanks crammed with large fish that were left behind. Pictures weren't clear enough to see the state of the fish, but I doubt they were any better than the 30 cats living in a bath tub that were rescued.

I'd bring in a factsheet on bettas and show them that they do not live in rivers.. -_-

I wish it was like that in the US. I'm not even sure animal cruelty laws apply to fish here, but they're not enforced... The police and ASPCA seized something like 250 animals from a house in my city last week, and the news pictures clearly showed several small tanks crammed with large fish that were left behind. Pictures weren't clear enough to see the state of the fish, but I doubt they were any better than the 30 cats living in a bath tub that were rescued.

Ugh that's awful. I'll never understand animal horders... or just hording in general for that matter.
I hope they rescued those fish as well, but I doubt they probably did. If it doesn't meow or bark and is furry, no one could care less.

THEY FED IT TO THE LION FISH!

oh go the cuss words they deserve to be subjected to!
that it terrible, how would they likeit if i dropped them into a pit full of starved lions!!????

every animal should be cared for properly, whether its a dog or a goldfish!!

sue them!

The world of water near me isn't as bad as that, but I won't buy fish from them. Great for equipment supplies but having looked round their tanks, I wouldn't buy fish from them.

You were absolutely right to point out the error of their ways, its just a pity the bloke didn't listen to you because a) he's an arrogant #### who thinks that because he works in a fish shop, he knows everything there is to know and b) his ego clearly can't take being told he's done the wrong thing by someone who's alot younger than him.

As for his comments about knowing best, the evidence speaks loudest - the fish were in p**s poor condition and clearly struggling. He sounds like one of those people who rather than back down and say, "Hmmm, I don't agree but don't know enough about the subject to say you're definately wrong," will talk c**p and state his (rather dubious) credentials in a p***ing contest he know's he'll win.

Either that or he's been fed alot of duff info by whoever trained him. Good on ya for pulling him up on it, if nothing else you may have put enough doubt in his mind to make him go and look it up. I doubt it but you never know.

Most reactions

Back