Ok Id Please!

sid.sarah

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi ,

Well my bf bought this little fish he liked his lips and called him buba!

please id if poss thanks

Sarah

sidsphone0801-26.jpg

fish0801-1.jpg

sidsphone0801-14.jpg

sidsphone0801-13.jpg

Thank for looking!!!!! :good: :good: :good:

I'm not much of a cichlid expert, and I have only kept a variety south americans. Looks like it could be some type of African?? Not much help but thought I would put in my two cents worth to let you know some one is looking!

I'm not much of a cichlid expert, and I have only kept a variety south americans. Looks like it could be some type of African?? Not much help but thought I would put in my two cents worth to let you know some one is looking!

Thanks for looking do you think i should post it in the arrican section???

it reminds me of a fish i once got in at the lfs i used to work at. the ignorant wholesaler didnt have a scientific name and he called it a sunshine peacock. i dont know though. def. looks african. almost reminds me of a managuense but the lips clearly arent right. sorry i couldnt be of more help!

looks like a Oreochromis mossambicus.

big big fish hope ya got a 6 foot tank and he has a big appetite............

:good:

the last pic looks like a jewel cichlid to me but its not the same as the other one. not very good at africans sorry

Hi firetank,

Please can you tell me some stuff about them as i can find very good info on Oreochromis mossambicus????

any link willbe good!!!!! :good: :good:

looks like a Oreochromis mossambicus.

big big fish hope ya got a 6 foot tank and he has a big appetite............

:good:

Yep seconded! The Genus is cirtainly right, but the species may not be. However, it is the most common so chances are thats what it is.
They are VERY hardy tough fish that can survive anywhere.

Hi and can i say a big thank you to Firetank!

wow i didnt relise that my fish had such an iteresting story!

listed as Class 3 noxious fish in all NSW waters under the Fisheries Management Act 1994!!!!

Tilapia - Oreochromis mossambicus (Mozambique mouthbrooder)

Thanks again now i know all about HIM thank you! :good:

how big do they get? i know this is a wicked dumb question, but im looking for a fish to survive in a quick moving stream through winter here in mass. i dont want to do koi. could these guys hold up?? i doubt it cause of my knowledge for s.a. and c.a. but it never hurts to ask.

how big do they get? i know this is a wicked dumb question, but im looking for a fish to survive in a quick moving stream through winter here in mass. i dont want to do koi. could these guys hold up?? i doubt it cause of my knowledge for s.a. and c.a. but it never hurts to ask.

They get to about 35cm for a male. Whats the temp variation where you live?

Most reactions

Back