Ok I have Problem

PJGuppies

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was feeding tonight and I noticed some babies in my tank!!! :eek:

Well I managed to save 12...The thing is I dont know who they came from or what they look like!!! :fun:

They are too big to be Guppies and too small to be Mollies...I have babies from Guppies and Mollies and these are NOT the size of any of them!!! :hyper:

They are clear like Guppies...But none of my females were pregnant!!! :blink:

The females in my tank are 3 Guppies, and 3 Mollies...I am thinking that maybe they came from my Silver female Molly...Does anyone know what color Silver Molly babies are???

Can Guppies and Mollies cross breed??? Cause I am beginning to think thats what they are!!!! :hyper:

sometimes they will, but ive never actually SEEN any crosses
but then what do i know :thumbs: :unsure:

Well,mollies and guppies may mate but they won't be able to have any offsprings.Silver molly babies are sort of like gray baby guppies just a bit bigger.Do you have any other species of fish in your tank?I ask you this 'cause last winter I had some tetras along with my albino guppies and I knew the babies were not guppies.They were a bit bigger and longer besides, all my previous babies were albinos.

All I have in the tank is Mollies and Guppies, and a pleco I really think they are from my Silver Molly, she must have been pregnant when I got her cause she hasnt been in the tank long enough with my Male to be his...They have a top fin like the baby Mollies...The color is what is getting me, they are sorta a clear, with a whitish tint and some a just a very little bit darker...So thats why I think they are from my Silver Molly...But she is not any smaller!!! :eek: :blink: :unsure:

i think colour only develops after about week and it is possible for mollys and guppys too produce offspring! someone has seen the ugly outcome and they will mate :D :thumbs: but it probably is just small molly fry :D maybe its her first young and taht why they are smaller than usual :thumbs:

PJGuppies said:
I was feeding tonight and I noticed some babies in my tank!!! :eek:

Well I managed to save 12...The thing is I dont know who they came from or what they look like!!! :fun:

They are too big to be Guppies and too small to be Mollies...I have babies from Guppies and Mollies and these are NOT the size of any of them!!! :hyper:

They are clear like Guppies...But none of my females were pregnant!!! :blink:

The females in my tank are 3 Guppies, and 3 Mollies...I am thinking that maybe they came from my Silver female Molly...Does anyone know what color Silver Molly babies are???

Can Guppies and Mollies cross breed??? Cause I am beginning to think thats what they are!!!! :hyper:
I very muuch dought that they will cross breed unless you are very lucky and maybe they are either quite big guppies or small mollies it really does depend because they are all not the same size to help look at them and if they are a dark grey the babies they are more likley to be mollies and if they look or seem a bit see through they will be guppies???

I had an entire batch of 35 mollies born from a silver molly mom and they, with the exception of four, were all clear, a little whiteish. I'm would think for sure they are little baby silver mollies. Have fun watching them grow into ??? :crazy:

Maybe they bred with the pleco?? Lol :)

Hope you work what they are soon! :)

Matt

:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone :D

I really do think they are Silver Mollies!! and they are the cutest little things I have ever saw :lol: They are even cuter than my Black Molly babies!!! :unsure: SHHHH dont tell them that!! :fun:

Most reactions

Back