Ok I Have Got To Tell You Guys About This Stuff!

SeaGoddess

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Have you ever been at the fish store and seen the betta pro stuff. It may have a different name depending on where you are, but it looks like a bottle of water but its betta solution. Well I always thought that it was kind of ridiculous to buy it but then I decided to try it. It makes Bettas so much happier. I mix it with my regular water. It's really great just wanted to tell you about it!

I always thought it was just water with de-chlor in it. Can you give us a list of the ingredients? It still may be a bit preposterous if you already have the stuff on hand (water, de-chlor, IAL perhaps)...

Yeah, it's all about what's actually "in" the product.........not just random hype.

Ya I know. I'm not stupid. Anyway it doesn't have ingrediants and I also looked on the internet and could'nt find the ingrediants

The only place I can find this for sale is Walmart and I don't think they have any sort of decent reputation for fish or fish products? Not what we hear over here anyway.

Moving on, I discovered that it is basically H2O. Chemically that is. No minerals, no chlorine/chloromines, no additives.
It sounds like RODI water or distelled water, nothing more nothing less.

You may find your bettas are behaving betta (see what I did there) because of the change of water in their current tanks regardless.

I so wish we could get it here though, I know a chemical analyst that could run some mineral tests on it.

It is just water without any additives.  I agree with dgwebster -- probably a form of RO water.  Nothing special and not worth the money long term.  You can get the same response from your bettas by using tap water that has been declorinated and set to the temperature needed.

You can get it at other places. I believe that there are other brands. And It's cheap and I add it to my tank water

Yeah I also found a petco brand. I have failed to find a serious company making it though.

You could probably buy gallon jugs of distilled water in these places for less and have the same chemical composition. I use it in my car radiator. Costs me 10p for a 2 litre bottle.

If it adds O2 to the water, then it would need to have an ingredient like Meth Blue in it which would have to be listed as having ingredients.

Wildbetta said:
If it adds O2 to the water, then it would need to have an ingredient like Meth Blue in it which would have to be listed as having ingredients.
Or kept at a lower temperature, which would be useless for a betta.

Used to love that one, what weighs more, a litre of cold water or a litre of boiling hot water?

SeaGoddess said:
Ya I know. I'm not stupid. Anyway it doesn't have ingrediants and I also looked on the internet and could'nt find the ingrediants

Sorry if I sounded too harsh, I was just making a point.  In this hobby there are many miracle additives marketed to new fish keepers such as "instant cycle" and other "snake oil" which have not been proven to have any effect other than false piece of mind.

If it doesn't cost much and you see an improvement, I guess it can't hurt.  Even if it's really just distilled water.  As far as it adding O2 to the water, I suppose it may BUT Bettas are Anabantoids (Labyrinth Fish) which means they breathe air from the surface of the water anyway, just like Gouramis & Paradise Fish.  That's not say say that additional O2 from the water itself would be a bad thing, just a bit unnecessary. 

If there is no ingredients list I would not buy it, let alone use it. Products with no listing of ingredients don't sound legit to me, I'd not trust it!!!

Some products may not list the ingredients on the label itself, there may be a small print somewhere telling you to peel back the label! Could this be one of these products?

Most reactions

Back