Of Goes All Salty.....

OldFisher

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just made my new topic for journal to start so i can find it later lol.
Ok so ive bought my tank (wednesday 2nd sept) Percular 90.So far so good.Except getting it out of the car,as the chap i bought it from gave me a lift into my zafira.Butttttt LMAO!! my son aka Yf,well haha couldnt even budge it so had to get my dad at 8.30pm to give me a lift and hes 64 :crazy: Anyway its in place and full of salty and everything is running at the mo.
270 litres later and the water is now lovely and clean but alas an empty tank :shout: so we are going to hopefully get around 20kg of live rock today (saturday) and then i intend adding more in a few weeks.Also were putting up the brackets for my halides shortly too.
So there we go at the mo and i will be adding what pictures we have so far although the camera could be better but youll get the jist.
And so the story begins...................

Laters peeps :good:

OF

Woo hoo...............

YF if I had known your dad was such a hunk i would have made sure I delivered the tank :blush:

Seffie x

Glad you said that buddy. Now maybe he will stop asking me every 10 seconds lol.

- Hes just adding the brackets into the wall, its a really cool design instead of hanging the halides from the ceiling we have bought a 'microwave stand' that has 2 brackets which the microwave sits on, and it extends out when needed. so we are putting it on the wall then extending it then when he needs to do somthing in his tank, he can push the two brackets back which will give him full access to the tank without burning himself/ getting the lights in the way.

YF

Space where the tank is going :) bye bye pc hello marine tank :)
f357qb.jpg

Ta-Da Wooshhhhhhh gone....as if like magic
1zxqnq1.jpg

Ready to enter the household,Yf cant lift it though :blink:
iemjv7.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhh :good: in its new space
9lj0ap.jpg

Pre clean up,halides balanced across tank :unsure:
fdacz8.jpg

:hyper: ready to remove old sand
1z1wsn5.jpg

Some nice colouring on the back,now to remove sand and clean glass
5ppfkl.jpg

:good: Next day,new sand and fresh saltyyyyyyyyyyy water :good:
2uppw5s.jpg

Cloudy saltiness :shout: note the 2 jets at the front run from a pump in the back a mod from previous owner,we will see how they go??
sd3gk4.jpg

3rd day in and lovely and clear,note the very small 2 bits of live rock stolen from the front of Yf's tank hehe shushhhhhhhhh :rolleyes:
25rj96o.jpg

Coraline algae seems to have lost its colour? Yf says dont worry lol it'll come back
4tmxz4.jpg

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy :rolleyes: my 1st bit of life in there
34ot4ea.jpg

:good: Clear,Salty and now lit up.Put my halide brackets up this afternoon.Not too sure if i like the brackets yet but will do until i find appropiate ones.
258sbat.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm............
11jm9dz.jpg

Awwwwww all lonely,just bought another complete marine tank set up.Complete mini reef based on an Aqua Medic Chromis aqaurium (150 litres) with stand and 150W metal halide light. Contents include:

About 25kg of live rock full of life including pulsing xenia, disk anemones and zoas.

A Deltec MCE600 skimmer which is recognised as one of the best on the market.

A percula clown fish and a blue-finned damsel.

Fluval filter used just to keep the water clear.

Two power heads and a heater.

A few snails and a hermit crab.

A large part-used tub of salt.

About 10 Salifert test kits

16k2v60.jpg

New set up bought for the LR,now Yf wants the left overs to run and move his stock from his Orca lol.Wifes moaning about how many bloody tanks we have around :rolleyes:
Ermmm let me think?..........................
8 i think all different sizes but only 4 running as of now.My cichlid tanks going tommorrow so ill be running just one.Yf has 2 running in his room but his pair of Red Jewel (breeding pair) are now going either with the complete set up or seperate,but the tank and fish are going and now his Orca too to make way for the new arrival tommorrow lol
Anyway more pics to follow asap

OF :good:

Cheers buddy,im hooked now lol.2 hour drive tommorrow to fetch the new complete tank for raiding the contents so should have a big part of my LR in there tomoz :drool:
There are 2 fish into the sale,do you think it will be ok to add them to my tank if i drip them in 1st?? i dont want to rush this project but Yf dont want them in his and i unsure if it will be ok too add 25kg LR and the 2 fish at the same time??

Oh also there are a few extras attached to the LR pulsing xeinias,anenomes and zoas.Do i drip the rock with these attached before i emerse into the new abyss ??

Woo hoo...............

YF if I had known your dad was such a hunk i would have made sure I delivered the tank :blush:

Seffie x

i would have given you a hand too seffie :shifty: :blush:

congratulations on the new tank, look forward to the pics ( the one in this journel is stunning )
you two are going to have great fun planning these tanks :)

all the best to you both and i hope everything goes smoothly in the morning for you

shelagh xxx

It's a catch 22 situation there..without the rock the tank won't cycle but if it spikes after adding the rock you may lose some of the inverts attached to it....
I'd add the bare rock first and drip those with inverts attached before adding to the tank...
You'll simply have to sit back and watch and wait unfortunately until it cycles..if any inverts start to melt remove these and keep an eye on the others..If the rock can be kept wet during transportation this will reduce the die back and cut down on the cycling process...
What are the fish and do you really want to keep them if they won't go in yf's tank...if wanted i'd suggest asking your regular lfs if they would kindly baby sit them until any cycle occurs, most will without a problem in this circumstance....once cycled add the fish then and allow for the tank to stabilise to their bio load before adding anymore.....
Hope this makes sense,lol..I often don't, and helps a little

All out of the tank will be in water on the journey home and none will become dry at all,yes ill drip the rock with inverts on before going into my tank.The 2 fish are a percula clown fish and a blue-finned damsel.Only reason Yf wont put them in he has others he doesnt want to mix with these and has his own list of desired fish :) Thanks for the help mate

Shelagh lol im blushing now :p but thanks xx

Going to get roasted here,lol...they're pretty hardy fish..would almost be tempted to pop them in from word go..perhaps selling on the damsel however as will restrict later choices as can be nasty, especially if in first....
Probably best to have them baby sat though til any spikes pass...don't abuse me for this one peeps,lol....

Most reactions

Back