Nutrafin Full Test Kit Help!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cooper2085

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Anyone have this ammonia test: Nutrafin Ammonia 3 part test kit?

I have it in a large test kit by nutrafin but im waiting for my instructions to arrive (they had been nicked from the kit >.<). The thing is i recently moved a filter from my main tank, and im desperate to test the ammonia levels. But i dont know how many of each drop or which colour it should be.

If i remember its 5 drops of 1 5 drops of 2 and 3 of 3. Could someone please let me know and list the colours that it can turn i.e clear = 0 yellow = 1 etc etc

Anyone at all? One vial from my 3ft community turned a light yellow, the one from the tank im fishlessly (is that a word?) cycling has turned a deep blue.

PM me your email address, I have the instructions, I will scan them and email them to you.

It is 6 drops shake and read immediately but you will need the colour chart if there is any ammonia present.

Tina

EDIT sorry I have the one bottle.

If it is the same as the nitrate 3 part then you are correct. I have that one.

I have that one aswell >.> For some reason the big test kit comes with a part tester.

Iv decided to find out by testing the tap water and a bottle of ammonia. The tap water has turned yellow, the ammonia turned blue so i think im ok!

Thanks for the help anyway!

Bah scratch that, the tap water turned green, the ammonia stayed clear. I must be doing it wrong >.>

Are you sure you did not mix the two results. The ammonia chart for one bottle is varying shades from 0- clear to an orange colour for 7.3. I have a colour chart for API aswell that goes from yellow 0 to green 8, and that is a two bottle.

EDIT on the 3 bottle nitrate you have to mix the sample after putting in bottles one and two. Then you shake bottle 3 for 30 secs before adding to the sample and then mix and wait five minutes before shaking again to read.

Yeah the nitrate one is fine, im used to that. I bought the new kit but when i got it home i realised it had no instructions, its on order now but the ammonia test is a 3 part instead of a single one. Hopefully get it sorted tommorrow.

Hey, i know that this thread is from years ago, but i am having the same problem where the test didnt come with the booklet. I have the three bottle test and following the 5,5,3 instructions from the other posts my water was yellow... I did a water change, but am very nervous. This is my first tank and i want my fish to live. If anyone has the book or could tell me the colour changes it would be very much appreciated.

I used to use it, until it ran out, and I could only get an AquaOne kit from my LFS.

0ppm is a golden yellow colour, going greener with ammonia.

I used to use it, until it ran out, and I could only get an AquaOne kit from my LFS.

0ppm is a golden yellow colour, going greener with ammonia.
think you are describing the API Locky...
T
I have the Ammonia 3 part test...and it's 5 drops of bottle 1...5 drops of bottle 2...lid on shake...3 drops (with testtube held at 45deg angle) of bottle 3.lid back on shake for 30 secs...
0 = no ammonia
cream = 0.4
through to orangey
and the yellower you go the more Ammonia you have....tbh...you need to change the water till you have the tubes coming out clear! xx

Most reactions

Back