Nutrafin Aquaplus

Gruffle

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

I have an 155l tank and use Nutrafin Aqua plus to get rid of all the rubbish in the tapwater, on the bottle it sides "add 2 capfuls per 70l"

does it mean per 70l of water changed or per 70l of water in the tank?

So assuming I change 35l of water I add one cap of it to the tank water, or 4 caps because my tank is 150l?

Like I said, I really oughth to know the answer to this but I'm a newb with bigger tanks, only had to worry about changing 10L a week with my smaller tank lol.

You don't add it to the tank. You add it to the water that you are about to put in. If you are adding water using a hose, add enough for the whole tank.

You don't add it to the tank. You add it to the water that you are about to put in. If you are adding water using a hose, add enough for the whole tank.
you can, with no ill effects. how you dose is, largely, up to how you change your water

you can, with no ill effects. how you dose is, largely, up to how you change your water

You can i agree, but obviously it will be more effective if you add it to the bucket of fresh water, rather than the tank. I wouldn't say either method is wrong, just different ways of doing the same thing.

I don't see any benefit in adding the conditioner to the tank if buckets are being used. It would be far more effective to add it to the bucket. Adding it to the tank is a method developed for people who refill their tank using hoses.

As a side note to Gruffle, using Nutrafin dechlor can end up costing you a small fortune. Look at using pond dechlorinator instead. It's exactly the same stuff, just more concentrated, and a whole lot cheaper. Good tip!!

Cheers :good:

BTT

Most reactions

Back