Now With Test Pics!new Fish Added To My Tank Die Within 24 Hours..

Are you saying my cory is horny :rofl: i do NOT want baby cories to contend with as well!

So there's no dispute they do 'chase'.

So why is it so beyond the realms of possibility that this was what happened to the guppy from a very lonely, sociable fish. Then, because the guppy was stressed with being moved anyway, it took this attention as harassment which stressed it to point of dying?

You can't add and remove attributes to suit your argument, either it shows certain traits or it doesn't.

So there's no dispute they do 'chase'.

So why is it so beyond the realms of possibility that this was what happened to the guppy from a very lonely, sociable fish. Then, because the guppy was stressed with being moved anyway, it took this attention as harassment which stressed it to point of dying?

You can't add and remove attributes to suit your argument, either it shows certain traits or it doesn't.

My argument is somewhat proved. A few pages ago, before the two new guppys died, and one of my first suggestions was to do proper drip acclimation. Yet, the OP still did the bag method with the next fish and half way through acclimating the second because of the temperature difference. You are still implying that the cory stressed the new fish to death and the solution to this never ending deaths was to remove the cory from the tank in other words? I can't recall the number of fish that died, but probably over 10 perfectly healthy fish chased by a cory to death? The cory probably killed it's first room mates, the pleco and the two snails too?
No need to argue. I see you are satisfied with a two second "chase off" on video to prove your argument which my corys happen to do all the time when laying eggs and 13 of them in one tank are yet to "chase off" another fish to death? I've got 8 in another two tanks too. Waiting on the pygmys to stress my shrimp to death too.

You are still implying that the cory stressed the new fish to death and the solution to this never ending deaths was to remove the cory from the tank in other words?
I have never implied anything, merely suggested as a possible cause in the case of the guppy (which was drip acclimatised) that stressed caused by the cory 'chasing' it was a factor.

Also I never at any point suggested removing the cory at all.

Please get your facts correct, stop misquoting to suit/removing context and refrain from being such a blinkered idiot who can't think outside the box and maybe suggest a viable reason for the OP's issues rather than harping on about the innocence of corys for once.

You are still implying that the cory stressed the new fish to death and the solution to this never ending deaths was to remove the cory from the tank in other words?
I have never implied anything, merely suggested as a possible cause in the case of the guppy (which was drip acclimatised) that stressed caused by the cory 'chasing' it was a factor.

Also I never at any point suggested removing the cory at all.

Please get your facts correct, stop misquoting to suit/removing context and refrain from being such a blinkered idiot who can't think outside the box and maybe suggest a viable reason for the OP's issues rather than harping on about the innocence of corys for once.

That's my last comment here as I have nothing more to say and I hope all goes well from now on for the OP and I apologize for the bitter comments but sometimes there's no other choice.
But as far as your comment goes that you never implied anything, I will compare it to a pile of glasses arranged one over the other and you pull the bottom one and then it's not your your fault the rest of them fell? In relation to the "drip acclimated" guppy that died the OP said it was half way through drip acclimation when the temperature difference was 2 degrees and she panicked and put it in. She mentioned the water never doubled or trebled(can't remember) and she didn't even mention the Ph equaled to the one in the tank before she moved the guppy in. You call that proper drip acclimation and using it as an argument here? I can copy and paste your comment after the OP did the bag method with fish that already died when you said it seems to you she's doing everything right?
Personally, what I said is that a cory is never aggressive or inquisitive enough to stress a new fish to death.

Personally, what I said is that a cory is never aggressive or inquisitive enough to stress a new fish to death.
Which is the whole crux of the argument, nothing to do with methodology, just the plain & simple fact that your statement cannot be substantiated with irrefutable proof. All you have is your experience with your fish and what you have researched and you deny any evidence to the contrary and refuse to believe that it is even remotely possible.

"A cory is never aggressive or inquisitive enough to stress a new fish to death" - FALSE

"The potential for a cory to cause another fish's death, directly or indirectly, by aggressive or inquisitive actions is a possibility, however small or remote, and can be said for any species of fish." - TRUE

It's that simple. You cannot ever say with 100% certainty that any animal will act in a certain way regardless of situation or circumstance as they all have some level of intelligence which in turn creates some amount of free will. You cannot predict with 100% accuracy how a living animal will react to a situation, only record its actions and build up a profile of how that animal 'normally' reacts as they are not automatons living to a predefined program of set routines and responses.

To argue against that is arguing against nature which is beyond egotistical.

please dont argue, its not helpful to anyone, if you have a dispute take it to PM

*yawn* is this thread still going on? ;0
yes sorry to disappoint.... :rofl: its actually now changed topic...its nothing to do with why my fish die in a few hours its now to do with what we all think of corys.... :rofl:

anything to add?

Corys...hummm

been there, done that, got over them.

There is more than enough cory discussion in the Catfish forum :)

haha, agreed!
so now i think weve got to the bottom of the problem....ebay plants and acclimating fish.....this topic is over id like to thank you all for your words of help, advice and "other"... :good: :good:

Most reactions

Back