Noooooooooo, Xbox 360 Rrod After Update!

Anguilla82

Fish Herder
Reaction score
:sad: downloaded the NXE update yesterday and straight after my xbox 360 started locking up and freezing when trying to play CoD4.
Then today the dreaded Red Rings Of Death happened!

what am i gonna do now..............

thankfully i've just logged onto the microsoft site and they are sending me a box to put it in and emailing me a label to put on it. then you send it to them and they send it back to you fixed. and its free!!!!!

can't beleive it.

Rob

:(

good thing their replacing it

Worth getting extra cooling on the new one.
Or the other option is to rap in a towl and turn it on for 30 mins this should allow the solder to reset and give you a temp repair.

I have an xbox 360, although I dont play it lol.
I think I would if I got it online, its just to much hassle.
The price of the wireless adapter puts me off completly.

YF

hi rob soz to hear about the xbox 360 ...apparently a sacred icon in my home ..microsoft are very good at actually replacing them after red rings as they fixed 1 of ours and it was back very quickly ...they also replaced headset when bust ...and my sons friends have had adapters etc replaced without even sending the broke ones in ...im told those cooling fans are ideal whereas newer models dont tend to get red rings if at all ...any 2nd hand one from before a certain date is virtually guarenteed to go eventually . guess you'll be on here more now youve got more time on your hands lol xx kaz x

cheers guys!!

got the shipping labels emailed to me this morning so will try and get the xbox packaged up and sent out this weekend.

What are these cooling fans you talk about????

are they extra clip on ones......

Rob

yes you clip them on and it creats better flow though of much needed cool air!

mmmm have just been looking at some forums about the cooling fans, and alot of them seem to be more trouble than they're worth, causing lock-ups etc.

what are people's experiences of using them?

get a ps3, they are great!
LOL, tell me about it, next time I get a console, it'll be a Pandora, and later, a PS4 (you can install Linux on it!) I just need to wait for those two come out!

BTW, I once got the RRoD, but I didn't know what it was, I just flipped off my 360 and turned it back on, nothing bad happened...

time to upgrade to something that actually works

free-playstation3.jpg

time to upgrade to something that actually works

free-playstation3.jpg

fairplay gaz gun man, some one speaks the truth at last!!!!!!!

right up until the point when the blu-ray drive packs in, its the PS3's very own rrod and Sony will not fix it for free if its out of the 1 year waranty...

i sold my PS3 after a few months as it wasn't as good a games console as the 360 imo

oh and those extra coolers for the back of the 360 cause more problems than they solve, in fact they actually reduce the airflow through the console

Most reactions

Back