Nitrite Reading

Lol, well lets be honest, Curiosity had a choice between doing work...or advising on odd nitrite readings...it wasn't a hard call! lol.

Okay, so after numerous water changes I am getting the Nitrite down - the fish are still there!!

So my next question is this. At these high levels I can only assume some stress on the fish. Is there anything I do or give them that will help them perk up ? As I have said before, there is no obvious sign of stress, but I can't believe it was much fun.

Any recommendations ?

Nope, no magic tonics. Just work on making their water be good and let their own bodies recover and do the rest. When the water is right most aquarists report noticing more signs of normal behavior from their fish.

~~waterdrop~~

well I have Ammonia at 0 and Nitrite hovering around 0.25 :)

Thanks to all for the help I got over this - still have all the "super" fish !

One question though, the fish still seem to spend time at the top of the tank - rarely dropping to mid range - The Zebras tend to be more adventurous. Could this be a sign of looking for food ?

Cheers !

I know that for sure with danios. They spend tons of time at the top of the tank but will also go exporing and even picking at the bottom sometimes.

I do not know the tank habits of white clouds (WCMMs) and would enjoy hearing from someone whose had them for years and knows!

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back