Nitrite - 24 Hours To Drop And Not Getting Any Quicker?

yeah thats what i thought.

i'm still not satisified that my aeration is right - i have reduced the level by a few inches so the water is making a bigger splashy sound and adding a few more bubbles into the water.

I am having this same problem with my nitrItes - Its driving me mad...

180 litre tank, 34 degrees, lots of aeration, have done 75% water change 2 days ago.

Ammonia is processing in under 12 hours (has been for last 2 weeks) but NitrIte still through roof despite 75% water change

I have just tested my tap water and this shows 1PPM straight out of tap !

Thats not good, coupla things - one (dont take this the wrong way) are you sure?? Can you double check - making sure the test tube is REALLY clean. Secondly - where abouts are you based? Maybe there is someone else on the forum who lives near you? It may be that they know of a way round this cos if your nitrItes really are 1ppm out of the tape I dont see how you are going to do water changes etc????

Thats not good, coupla things - one (dont take this the wrong way) are you sure?? Can you double check - making sure the test tube is REALLY clean. Secondly - where abouts are you based? Maybe there is someone else on the forum who lives near you? It may be that they know of a way round this cos if your nitrItes really are 1ppm out of the tape I dont see how you are going to do water changes etc????

Strange, just checked the tap water again and it shows nil nitrItes. Must have been some tank water residue in the test tube..

Still no explanation why my NitrItes wont go down though ???

Most reactions

Back