Newbie To Forum And Fish Keeping

Jake96

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm jake from Australia ever since i bought a pair of Siamese fighting fish i have been hooked!!!
As i studied up on aquarium keeping i quickly realised that my fighter fish containers were way to small and cold so i quickly went down to the shop and purchased heaters and much bigger tanks for them.

After many days of researching up on how to look after a fish tank properly i decided to try it for myself so i went and bought a custom built 4ft tank, external canister filter and a 4ft light and started the cycling process.

With heaps of help from my local pet shop owner (his own business) he helped me do my fishless cycle successfully.

I have now added Neon tetras, Bristlenose plecos, halfmoon Siamese fighter, mollies, guppies and Cory doras.

Everything is going well except for my neons which all have a fungal infection. (They are being treated in a separate hospital tank)

welcomeani.gif
to the forum, Jake.

Sorry to hear your neons aren't doing so well, but don't blame yourself; many people have found neons very hard to keep these days.

welcomeani.gif
 We like pictures.
yes.gif

Actually i needed to ask that how do I put up pictures if the max pic size is 200 or 300 kb? I only use my ipad and phone for this and taking a picture then trying to upload it doesn't work because the file size is too big???

Good day.  

For posting pics, you can also upload them to flickr, photobucket, etc. and then just link the URL of the pic to here.

We've got a few other Australians around, so you'll fit right in!

welcome :) I am also a newbee, im getting my first tank next week!!! cant wait!!! :)

welcomeani.gif
 Jake! As a fellow Aussie I might be able to help you with local sources if need be :) If you're in SA I can help you out with good shops and warehouses to get the best products and fish from :)

Hello all, I'm a newbie as well.....for the most part. Left the hobby after my late teens and am excited and eager to enjoy the hobby again. Once this hobby attaches to you it becomes ingrained. There is something so soothing and cerebral. With all the advancements in filters, and now the growth of planted aquariums which from what I have seen are so awesome it's a wonder that everyone doesn't follow along and play. 

I'm excited to be a part of this community and share in all the experiences and knowledge.

A pair of Fighters? As in a male and a female? There may be trouble ahead.

Most reactions

Back