Newbie In Essex

dt3000

Reaction score
Just bought my first ever fishtank (FRF 550) - been thing about getting one for a long time - finally did it. Hoping to stock it with Platys, Tetras and.....any suggestions? I think about 12 is the limit in that tank.

Wotcha mate, sounds a good selection. anything active is a good choice.

If your tank size supports it zebra danios are meant to muck about a bit and good to watch, and cories can be entertaining

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

The tank is only 5.7 gallons and so can only house 6 inches of adult size fish. Danios need at least 20 gallons. Your best bet with a tank that size is a betta, (see the betta section) with some african dwarf frogs or pygmy corys. You may get away with 3 platies of the same sex but tetras need to be in groups of 6+ so there isn't enough room. Another alternative would be a single dwarf puffer have a look in the odd ball section.

Emma :hi:

Thanks Emma I'll check those out.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

The tank is only 5.7 gallons and so can only house 6 inches of adult size fish. Danios need at least 20 gallons. Your best bet with a tank that size is a betta, (see the betta section) with some african dwarf frogs or pygmy corys. You may get away with 3 platies of the same sex but tetras need to be in groups of 6+ so there isn't enough room. Another alternative would be a single dwarf puffer have a look in the odd ball section.

Emma :hi:

Most reactions

Back