New to this

OscarUnsure

Reaction score
Hi. I just inherited my ex of 19 years’ Oscar. Although I was not wanting anymore fish, he is amazing and has a personality. I am not sure of what I can and can’t feed Mr.B. (Mr. BOOMBASTIC lol). Anyway I have some all natural, freeze dried, Icelandic Shrimp. It says absolutely nothing but shrimp like the Vikings created. I will attach photo as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 32
You should feed it some high quality protein rich fish food pellets or flakes made for cichlids this It will be be 70-80% of their weekly diet. mix that in with 10% of a vegetable food as they are omnivores this can be boiled peas, blanched spinach, or lettuce. Another 10% should be a meaty food preferably live this can be blood worms, earth worms, mealworms, black worms, wax worms, shrimp, crickets, or grasshoppers. Feed the live food 2-3 days after buying it or it will rot

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

You can feed them raw or cooked fish, shrimp, squid or other types of marine meats. Dry shrimp might be eaten, depending on the fish. Some will eat anything and others can be picky. But offer them a variety of foods so they get more nutrition from their diet.

Oscars produce a lot of waste and can develop hole in the head disease if their tank is dirty. Make sure you do a 75% water change and gravel clean the subrate once a week. Clean the filter at least once a month.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Welcome to TFF... :hi::good:

Most reactions

Back