New To Fishes And So Excited! Hi Everyone :)

FishFanatic04

I'm in Planted School.
Reaction score
Well I'm pretty new to Aquariums but I'm officially and utterly OBSESSED!!! My husband says if I say the word fish one more time he might stick his head in the tank and drown. hahaha luckily he is kidding...he's the one who always wanted an aquarium.

We are currently cycling our 46g bowfront and starting a 75g in 2 weeks! I sure know how to start out big right??? I read that the bigger tanks are more stable and I'm finding that water changes are easy and fast....so big is working out good so far.

I was so happy to find this forum I feel like I have a hundred questions and petsmart unfortunatly doesnt have the answers I'm looking for, besides I think they are about to block my number on their caller i.d. I've been a little bit of a pest. I admit it.

Hope I don't drive everyone here crazy!!!

:hyper: yay lol what kind of fish are you working on
Hahaha All of them! I love them all. My platies are all I have so far and they already come up to the glass when I am near the tank. They love me for the flakes. hehe What do you have?

Wow, so much enthusiasm in that post! Welcome to the forum. Your username also made me smirk lol

hey :) what a lovely enthusiastic introduction..... poor husband.. he does know its going to get worse right? :lol:

welcome and enjoy your time with us :)
shelagh xx

hehe Thanks everyone... He doesn't think it can get worse...which I don't see how it could either. I spent the entire day yesterday from morning to night looking at different types of sand. Pictures of sand, articles about sand, forum posts about sand. lol I was having a blast but I don't think he wants to talk about sand anymore...EVER!

This forum has been so helpful already...I have done a lot of research on my own but it's nothing compared to what you learn from peoples experiences.

Your username also made me smirk lol

Haha me too. :lol:

Me too!!! :rofl: but I think it might have a different meaning in the States to the UK...

Anyway, welcome to the forums FF (can't bring myself to say it lol) - you sound like you're having loads of fun getting started, doing all your research, which is great to hear. Love your sense of humour!

If you need help with anything, just let us know on the boards.

Regards, Athena

haha Thanks! Actually as soon as someone mentioned what my nick meant in the UK I got the joke. :crazy: ...It only means fish butt in the US and was meant to be silly. Oh well...I hope everyone gets a giggle from it and no one gets offended. :)

Once more...thanks so much to everyone who has helped so far...I can't wait until next month to show pics of my new tank...I found some driftwood and have it soaking after seeing so many pictures of your tanks! Major inspiration!

woot!

Most reactions

Back