New Tank

term_22000

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey ya'll,
What should I put in this tank. I have a 46gal tank with a canister filter and a 4bulb t5ho lighting system. I have done both Cichlids and tropical community fish. What should I do this time? I enjoyed both types of fish equally. What to do, what to do?

What are the dimensions of the tank? Is your water hard or soft? From how far away will you mostly be viewing the tank?

I use RO, it's a little on the harder side though. I don't mind softening the water though. The dimensions of the tank are 3'lx 1.5'dx 2.25'h. It will be viewed from 2 sides. On the one side it will be about 5-6ft away. The other it will be 1-2ft away.
What are the dimensions of the tank? Is your water hard or soft? From how far away will you mostly be viewing the tank?

Have you considered saltwater? With your lighting you could easily do a soft coral reef tank, or just a fish only tank. The only thing you would need filtration wise, would be a protein skimmer. Live rock isn't mandatory but it does help.

I have thought about it except I don't have the money for some of the fish I want. It's a great thought though. If you could recommend some cheap fish that look great I would love to look into it.
Have you considered saltwater? With your lighting you could easily do a soft coral reef tank, or just a fish only tank. The only thing you would need filtration wise, would be a protein skimmer. Live rock isn't mandatory but it does help.

Angels? Tiger barbs? (not together, of course!) One of the smaller rainbowfish? A large shoal of something; ember tetras or chilli rasboras?

Most reactions

Back