New Tank!

If i put foil boards up around it would it be better?

Bret
You can try, but to be honest I don't know as I've never tried it. The greatly fluctuating temperature will still remain a problem. Is there no where else that's out of the directly sunlight on not right above a radiator ?

Fish constantly exposed to greatly fluctuating temperatures can develop things like swim bladder and some are also weakened and more prone to illness.

Everyone chill out. As long as Bret monitors his Temperatures to make sure it doesn't go to high or too low, I don't see a problem... Plus, think of how much fun the fish will have sunbathing and getting natural light. I'm sure if it becomes a problem, Bret will move it.

I reckon a male CT would be great in that tank lol! keeping his rays prfectly straight! im just on the lookout for a nice good quality male at the moment :)

Bret

the tank is still at 27oC and has been for a good 4 hours now. It's just starting to get colder now so im going to make some foil boards :D

Bret

the tank is still at 27oC and has been for a good 4 hours now. It's just starting to get colder now so im going to make some foil boards :D

Bret

nice tank :good: but watch out for an algea bloom, the direct sunlight could cause this ;) remember alge needs 10 hours off constant light a day to grow and with it being in full sun im sure it will get over 10 hours ;) you might not have a problem, but its worth thinking about ;)

Yeah, ive got the tank there in direct sunlight its gets the sun in the afternoon and morning so i think its either south or north facing to get it all the time? and the sun rises around 5 and sets at around 10 so plenty of light :)

Bret

Loko17 FYI i WAS jokin so, hush. Stop trying to be older than you are, tryin to be some big 'girl'. Just except that you are a 'child' and at your age have only the ba-sicks of the fish world. Take it from someone with experiance with bettas, you are at the bottom of the betta scale.

I dont want to be rude but you need to remember you are a child, and to respect your elders.

This ends, K.

Sorry, BWbettas if it seemed like i was being rude, i was jokin.

How is the tank NOW!

Loko17 FYI i WAS jokin so, hush. Stop trying to be older than you are, tryin to be some big 'girl'. Just except that you are a 'child' and at your age have only the ba-sicks of the fish world. Take it from someone with experiance with bettas, you are at the bottom of the betta scale.

I dont want to be rude but you need to remember you are a child, and to respect your elders.

This ends, K.

Sorry, BWbettas if it seemed like i was being rude, i was jokin.

How is the tank NOW!
You aren't trying to be rude? You sure fooled me. You obviously don't know anything about Loko, so please, do yourself a favour and shut up now before you make a fool of yourself.

you shut up! you dont know me. so youd better shut up, b4 you make a fool of your self. let me guess another child getting to big for its boots!

you shut up! you dont know me. so youd better shut up, b4 you make a fool of your self. let me guess another child getting to big for its boots!
Right... :rolleyes:

This isn't the way to get popular, hon, so please be quiet...

Im not here to cause arguments, all i was doing was givin BW some advice (hes choice to listen to it) and Loco17 thinks hes some sort of royalty coz hes got lots of posts starts underminding me. And people who aint involved start commenting.
Chrissi this isant a popularity contest, i hate people who are just here to see their posts go up and not even to help. All i have done is try to help and get a load of nasty comments. Where is Loko17's telling off............................................

thats what i thought

I have been in the fish business for years, just because i have a small amount of posts (because i have just joined .... to help people) dosent mean you know more than me!

Youd be lucky to know half of what i know!

AQUAKING!

You need to look at the language you were using, compared to the language others were using. You were extremely rude, and nobody else spoke even a word as nasty as you have.

You're not making a very good impression. That's all I'm saying. It could be true that you know more than the others here, but you sure aren't acting like it, and if you want anyone to believe you, you need to calm down, learn some respect, get off your high horse, and lose the egotistical attitude.

isant it funny, i dont care what you think, i need to learn respect, how old are you!

Most reactions

Back