New Tank

lookin good. :)
i would like CO2 but i think it would be too complicated for me is it easy to use or hard work?

never tried itbefore but from what i've read can be a bit of a pain changing the diy solution evry 5 days.
Plus more test kits to but.
No water in the tank yet so i've yet to try it out

wow Nice Jon!!!

ive got a new tank myself and also restricted to not setting it up cos of money!!!! DOH!

...but still, youre way ahead of me yet!

Put my decorations in the tank today.
Got one piece of mopani wood
2 terrecota pots
2 pieces of green slate
1 piece of grey slate

what do you think of the setup so far.

Will be planted with vallis as the backdrop, java moss on the slate (far left) and a carpet in front of the terracota pot (right) and part of the mopani.

Would anyone have set it up different ??

All criticism welcome

Left Side
9DecorationsInPlace-Left.jpg

Right Side
10DecorationsInPlace-Right.jpg

11DecorationsInPlace-Angle.jpg

12DecorationsInPlace-Side.jpg

Dont think the fluval 4 will be in there for long. Willbe getting an external soon.

any advice on changing anything? Would you add anything else or take something out?

Please criticise kindly. hehe

any advice on changing anything? Would you add anything else or take something out?

Please criticise kindly. hehe
B&Q have huge lumps of slate for about £4 each. (around threequarter bucket sized)
Three of those would transform your tank and bring the scheme together until the plants grow. You might get away with just two if you find the right shapes.

Great tank setup so far, can't wait to see all the plants in there, do you know when that will be?

I want to get my fluval 305 plumbed in first and get rid of the fluval 4. So maybe 2 weeks and i'll have water in there 3 weeks and i'll start planting. I can't wait.

QUOTE:
"B&Q have huge lumps of slate for about £4 each. (around threequarter bucket sized)
Three of those would transform your tank and bring the scheme together until the plants grow. You might get away with just two if you find the right shapes. "

Where would you put them, back/middle/sides?

Fluval 305 got put in today and have taken out the interal filter. Stored away in the cupboard as a backup (hope i never need it)
In a little dept at the moment so the tank is coming together very slowly.

Got 6 harlequin rasboras and 2 bn plecs in my quarentine tank and put spere media (from the 305) in my fluval 105 to seed it. Might put the fish in next week, will buy more quins though as i want 12 in the tank.

Started decorating my tank yesterday. bought a 9ft legnth of bamboo and choped it up and added a few airstones to stop dead spots. what you guys think so far? I need to order some plants online next week week and am going to make a slate cave today.

Photo-0010.jpg

Photo-0011.jpg

Photo-0012.jpg

will keep you updated

Most reactions

Back