New Tank...YAY

PAUL, yea that would be good, but i can get stuff kinda cheap so its alright.
DWARF it will be cycling for 2 maybe 3 months casue im am away or holidays, but i am hoping to have a r/o unit and co2 system by them aswell.

Would 2 WPG be fine for it? or more

The more the better. Keep us updated with the pics ya hear! Can't wait for it to be all planted... Sand or gravel? What do you plan on keeping in there? Now's the best time to do all your research, when you're doing your cycling. :) But I can see you're going on holiday so take it easy and have a good one!

Well i was trying to get black sand, but today i got some black gravel from the landscapers, $25 for a cubic metre, i have washed half of it today, took me forever. Well i have been researching for about 6 months now on what i want. The plan is for all the kind of rams and apistos i can find. I am also putting blue diamond discus and chooklets bristlenose's in there.

For the lighting i have found these and i am thinking of getting them Link get 2 of them and it would make about it 4 WPG, would be maddness, but it would cost a bit to run each day lol

Discomafia : Yea thanks for the wishes mate, its the same old family holiday up the coast like every australian family does lol

EDIT: Would the globes be ok for the planted tank?

14,000K bulbs arent going to do you much good on your tank if its going to be planted. 5500-6700K is what you should look for. I don't know if they make 400 watt MH in 6500k. I could be wrong. I'll look some stuff up for you.

Yer i am having to problems with the gurgling noise the weir is making and when that is fixed ill get some pictures on here, the tank is full of water but its isnt clear casue i didnt clean the gravel enough :p

the tank has no water in it now, i broken the plumbing and my stand is stuffed, so i am going to fixed it and build the doors and stuff on it. My mum isnt to happy aswell just poored over 700 litres of water onto the grass lol but its will be better and im going o design a different plumbing system casue the one i had just was working for me. But i also got a pair of electric yellows for my other tank and they are in the hospital/ quano tank. anyways cya

Oh crap, atleast the water didn't spill inside :blink:

I fitted my own quick version of the durso stand pipe today and has made thing s a bit quiter but you still have the water falling 30" down the piping now to the first corner

Most reactions

Back