New Tank Being Delivered

Hi Scotty,

The test kit was on my door step tonight when I got home from work. What posty leaves a parcel in full view on a doorstep? Unbelievable. Lucky it wasn't knocked. Anyway, the main thing is its here so I can get started with the cycle. I thought about looking into getting some donated media but thought it'd be good to try the cycle for myself first. If I'm having problems with it or its taking months ill think again. I'll have a look at the fish you've suggested thanks. Haven't tested my water yet but think it is soft.

Cheers,

David

Great for deciding to do a fishless cycle yourself, always refreshing to see new enthusiasts willing to have patience to do it. But a mature media donation could, potentially, have your tank ready in time for fish before the new year. Granted, it is always nice to see someone willing to do a complete cycle with no donation, but i have done one without and one with,a mature media donation...the first time it took 7 weeks, and the second (with donation) took 7 days !!!
All the very best with it though, we look forward to some pictures !!!

Terry.

Hi Scotty,

The test kit was on my door step tonight when I got home from work. What posty leaves a parcel in full view on a doorstep? Unbelievable. Lucky it wasn't knocked. Anyway, the main thing is its here so I can get started with the cycle. I thought about looking into getting some donated media but thought it'd be good to try the cycle for myself first. If I'm having problems with it or its taking months ill think again. I'll have a look at the fish you've suggested thanks. Haven't tested my water yet but think it is soft.

Cheers,

David

Great for deciding to do a fishless cycle yourself, always refreshing to see new enthusiasts willing to have patience to do it. But a mature media donation could, potentially, have your tank ready in time for fish before the new year. Granted, it is always nice to see someone willing to do a complete cycle with no donation, but i have done one without and one with,a mature media donation...the first time it took 7 weeks, and the second (with donation) took 7 days !!!
All the very best with it though, we look forward to some pictures !!!

Terry.

Definitely agree with the donation thing, you need to find someone local to you who might be able to donate some media. Now who do we know who doesn't stay a million miles away from you? Hmmmmmmm............ Oh, SCOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back