new tank and lil tank set up

blout said:
very nice m8 if you want your clowns to go more orange feed them cyclopeeze it make them look so much better :D
Dunno if that's the truth or not, but I have noticed that my clowns have gone from a more subdued orange when I bought them to BRIGHT orange now. Their stripes are becoming a lot more pronounced too, and getting a bit of black banding at the edges. They're tank raised with odd stripes, but their color is AMAZING. I thought it was just age.... could be the cyclopeeze though. I alternate back and forth between feeding cyclopeeze for the fish and corals both to snack on, or feeding mysis shrimp for the fish and some phytoplankton/marine snow for the corals.

And yeah scar, the tank looks great

I feed cyclopese and i swear by it!
Just check my signature for the pair of clowns i had that were fed this food. Sadly they died over christmas but you can see how rich their colours were. And no the picture is not enhanced in anyway :D

The little tank looks great!.

Out of curiosity - how much do you think the little tank cost you to set up?.

cheers lads

mite just do that about feeding me clowns at the minute i'm feeding flakes and frozen brine shrimp enriched with nurtients.

deano

didn't see all them reply thank guys

i think i have spend about roughly £1200 on the lil tank have been rip off along the way tho big time actually change my lfs cos of this.

actually getting rid of the external filter and internal filter and uv streziler on the lil tank and going to use the classic berlin system. so i'll remove the internal filter then leave it a month or so b4 removing the external filter just so the lr can cope with the bio overload.

actually got 2 purple firefish now in my lil tank so the livestock is now as follows

2 percula clowns
2 purple firefish
1 scooter bennie
10 turbo snails
8 red legged hermit crabs
1 bule legged hermit crab (crept in with a peice of coral)
3 cleaner shrimp
7 corals get back to you on the names.

no more live tsock will be going in this tank now clowns will be tranfered over to the new big tank when ready to, so may add another fish after then but wud like to add a few more corals probally instead.

deano

heres my big tank current stauts is waiting on live sand and live rock

will post some new pics of my lil tank 2 cos the rock fell so i had to rearange the rock and coral actually it was for the best cos i have now noticed that the flow is much better now

tell me whatu think about the postions of the coral in the tank 2 and owt else

cheers deano

Attachments

• DSC00025.JPG
    DSC00025.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 51
oh and heres a pic of my new purple fire fish

actaully their about 3 weeks old now but its the 1st pics of them

Attachments

• DSC00017.JPG
    DSC00017.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 53
Lovely aquascaping! How did you form that arch? Glue? Cable ties? Or was it formed like that?

not used anything matey just balanced and weged the rock in best i can using the bits of lr i have to help form the scaping

was gonna get some putty by aquamedic but then heard bad things about it so all naturally.

deano

Most reactions

Back